𝟏𝟐, ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

He then healed the ones on her ankles and lastly, your neck. When his hand touched it, something triggered you and with an unknown strength, you pinned him down. Your right foot pinning his left arm, your left leg restraining both of his, and your left hand restricting his right one.

Marco was surprised to see you this hostile. He looked at the masses of floating water behind you with the shape of sharp double-edged spikes. It was very threatening and the thought that it could be possibly made out of seawater could kill him on the spot if he does a wrong move.

The phoenix caught what was happening. Your breathing was hefty and hurried, barely catching any air. He could see your cloudy eyes.

You couldn't see a thing, but the man under you wasn't the blonde one anymore. It was one of them. You wanted to kill him, but your body hesitated, your heart hesitated.

“Sweetheart, I need you to calm down yoi.” He said. With the lack of reaction, he guessed that you couldn’t hear him.

But you did, and she came to realize that this was an illusion that your mind played you. This wasn't real, but his voice sounded muffled for a while.

“Hey, sweet cheeks, do you hear me yoi? How many people are around?”

You slowly lowered your right hand that was ready to strike down to his face, focusing on his black orbs even though you saw it all blurry by the memory. “I-I think i-it’s ten, including you and m-me.”

“Good, you’re doing great. Now, how many sails are there?” He felt the pressure on his arms and legs fading.

“U-Um… Th-Three- No! Four sails…” and you took a deep breath, closing your eyes. You took a few minutes to yourself, to get back to the real world. “... I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, it was my fault too. I didn’t ask you if you were okay with me touching your neck. I guess I triggered something yoi.” Marco assured you, patting your left thigh. “Okay, can you get off, please?”

“Sorry, sorry…” you got off and looked at the previous spikes turned into spheres after you went back to your senses. You looked at them, feeling nostalgic somehow.

The purple shirt on you was flowing with the wind, and it showed your cursed mark of slavery. You snapped the jacket close and pulled the zipper up, so it doesn't open again.

Marco caught how uncomfortable you were thinking about that, and asked you. "What's your name?"

"Me? I'm Y/N, but they call me the Sea Monster for a reason. You?"

"I'm Marco the Phoenix, 1st-"

"First division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, I know. Thank you for saving me."

"How do you know me? "

"I have ears, you know? Like, to listen. I heard about you when those pigs read the news. " She made the spheres return to the sea in a single movement. "... Being isolated makes you hear things about how quiet the place was… "

Another fail. He made you feel uncomfortable again, way to go Mr. Pineapple! He mentally facepalmed and scolded himself for being an idiot. Guess he didn't learn a thing from the past.

"It's okay though, I have heightened senses, so that's probably why. " You turned to him and placed your hand on your neck. "Can you-... Can you heal it, please? "

"Of course. " And he healed it immediately, without touching too much. He looked around and still the people were unconscious. "Damn, you really knocked them out yoi."

"... It wasn't my intention."

"Is this the first time you use it? " He looked at you impressed.

"... No, I already used it before. I didn't notice that I used Conqueror's out of feeling."