Chapter 6 - Decision

International Space Elevator
Selatapura, Gunther
24 September 2019
16 February 1639

Under the structure of this behemoth, there are some men doing their job. Approximately 400 meters beneath of the sea levels, these men are working together to accomplish their job.

"Finally!"

"What?"

"So, I just concluded that this Elevator isn't worth completing."

"Really? Why?"

"Well, you see, the International Space Elevator was previously located on the equator. Now, it's located on the north, quite far from the equator based on the Satellite imagery."

"So?"

"Not only that, the current energy production is too much. We are currently oversupllied by this facility's energy production, and we don't know what to do with it for now."

"Hmm, so that would end up with free energy for the entire country I guess?"

"Well yes, highly possible. It's just how the department who deals with it can do the job. A new cable or something, I don't know."

"Understood. So then, when will you hand your work to the government?"

"I don't know, maybe after I finish it. You know, how long this superstructure can hold on is still unknown."

-----

Leiforia, Leifor
17 February 1639

The capital city of the Empire of Leifor, Leiforia. The previously busy and lively city now looks empty. Not until the level of ghost city, but it was not that busy anymore. The main reason is, of course, the White Giant Unknown Object. After the second passing, the Leiforian Government immediately evacuated its citizens to the central or eastern region for their safety. The Emperor and the Government, meanwhile, stay in the city to keep the national morale.

The Emperor of Leifor, Kaiser Wilhelm IV sat on his throne, located in the Imperial Hall, precisely located in the center of Imperial Palace. His right hand was holding his head, when he listened closely to what one of his generals read.

"So, the Civilization that was located far to the west probably is the one who is responsible for all attacks that occurred last week on all of the Mu continent?"

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

Kaiser Wilhelm IV put his right hands, then he fixed his sitting position. His face was also full of confusion as the Civilization on the far west, as all of them know, were so backwards. But, the Flying Bird that they just saw is so big and too advanced for such civilization to achieve.

"Can we actually believe this information?"

"Well, Your Majesty, this information was coming from the mouth of the Erusean delegation. So we may need to take it with a grain of salt."

"So this information is not credible enough, they can make this information all they want since we don't know exactly, huh?"

"Your Majesty, there's also a small citation that said, we must consider if they're telling the truth."

Kaiser Wilhelm IV shaking his head in confusion. As much as this may be unacceptable and unreliable, the citations make him think about it again.

"Hmm, right...the consequences..."

His imagination suddenly shows his minds where that Flying Bird was dropping his load into the capital city, and those load which were bombs, causing severe damage to the city. While their fighter Squadron, who are supposed to defend the capital, were deleted in mere seconds by the white small unmanned aircraft.