Chapter 5 - Diplomacy

Ademsari District, Runepolis
15 February 1639

Ademsari District, one of the largest districts in Runepolis, the greenest one, and also apparently, the most less populated one. Not because it was not suitable for a large population though, but because of the orders from the Emperor himself.

Why?

It's not known why the Emperor gave that order, but some said that area was the Emperor's private land, as known when the emperor's usually take a break on the Ademsari District.

Still, there are some areas that have buildings, although only near the borders between Albion and Ademsari district. The buildings there were mainly either Apartment or government Offices since the rising Mirishial population and government took more and more lands. The Emperor then allowed the use of this small piece of land to be used for the National needs.

One of the buildings was the Sojak Apartment, an apartment used by the Ministry of Ancient Sorcerous Empire Countermeasures employees, as can be seen from the text written in front of the gates to enter the apartment. The light from the lamp directed to the text made it easier to be seen, especially in the current time. Suddenly, another light appears out of nowhere which then lights it. Soon, a car engine could be heard. After the car took a turn, the blue light that lit it disappeared as the car started to enter the apartment building.

The car then eventually stopped at the security checkpoint. When a man walked towards the car, the windshield on the driver side was opened. It then reveals a middle aged man who was looking at something in his wallet.

"Ah, Minister Harman. Another busy day?"

The man who was called as Harman then turned his gaze from the wallet to the man. What lies in his vision now was a man in a white shirt and black pants. A uniform of a security guard.

"Yeah, just like another day. There is one thing that makes it different though, we got an increase on the budget but...."

"But?"

The face of Harman changed from a tired face, to a gloomy one. The security guard immediately felt guilty for asking that. When he was about to say just forget it, Harman already answered him.

"Hah, you know, we got another project to be finished in three years while the current project itself isn't yet done."

"Well, maybe you can... ah, forget it."

Harman immediately turned his gaze back to the front after saying, "Okay. See you later. "

The car then moved again, and after taking a turn to the right, it disappeared from the ground, as the car went down to below the surface. It was an underground parking lot, otherwise known as a basement, something that was relatively new in the Holy Mirishial Empire.

"Hah, now, what should I do?" He asked himself.

After the previous meeting, the government ordered the Ministry of Ancient Sorcerous Empire Countermeasures to increase their development progress. At least, they are not just simply saying that, but also increased the budget as a compensation.

"Budget got increased, but damn those people, asking for new weapons when they're always rejected our creations after the first test. Fuck it!" Cursed Harman while getting out of the car, then slammed the car door harshly.

After he closed his car doors, his eyes caught someone standing in front of the stairs, which was located directly in front of the car. After he walked closer, he finally recognized that guy.

"Mister Xu, what are you doing here?" Asked the Minister of Ancient Sorcereus Empire Countermeasures, Harman Wickensen.

It's just natural for Harman to ask since Mister Xu is the Assistant to the Minister of Foreign Affairs.