MY SAVIOUR

||one shot : 5||

Naira's pov^

I often wonder what would I become if I'm not a coward.

Looking back, I think that I can be more than just a wallflower inside the room and a wishful thinker. I honestly did not see myself becoming self-reliant, independent, and courageous. The funny thing is... I tried so hard to become someone else for them to accept me.

"Hey! Naira? What's up!" The 'popular guy' from our class called me.

I walked faster because people might hate and bully me if they see me talking to kartik. I did not even glance at him.

"Good morning, naira!" My soul almost left my body from shock.

Kartik is in front of me, smiling ear to ear.

"What do you want?!" I tried to hold back my anger because I feel like all eyes, are on us, on me. I rolled my eyes at kartik.

I walked past him and never say a word. It's only 9 AM but my day was already ruined. Before my class starts, all my classmates were talking and smiling while looking at me. I knew that it's because kartik approached me a while ago.

I sighed. "Just let them do whatever they want. It'll pass." I keep on chanting it inside my mind.

It is a tiring day. No one wants to talk to me or be near to me. I even saw my name written on the wall of our school restroom.

"Ur A B*tch, naira!"

"Ugly naira"

"Don't dream too much, naira"

I'm not affected when reading those mean words. As far as I can remember, I didn't eat for a week because of sadness. They don't ruin me. They only ruin themselves. They're all giving me too much time and attention just to degrade me.

"I heard they are all hating on you again." kartik just pops out from somewhere and now I remember who put me through this hard time again.

"And thanks to you," I said in a sarcastic tone. I smirked while looking at him.

Since kartik and I were childhood friends, I can be myself in front of him, I can roll my eyes at him. I can say what's on my mind without any judgments. But that was before when my life was pretty simple and normal.

As I turned 18, my aspects of life changed. I refuse to indulge in the presence of people who thinks dragging people down is fun. I hate it when people think being mean is okay. I hate it when people spread rumors, with or without any basis. Who has the right to do that, right?

Kartik and I always walk home together. We're pretty close but I told him not to talk to me when we're at school. He's popular with girls and I'm just an ordinary schoolgirl with a failing grade.

"You're in deep thoughts again? I'm sorry. I broke my promise again. I gave you another headache." karyo put his hands above my shoulder. Just like before, he's acting like we're a train. I'm the captain and he's my passenger. I laughed.

"See? You're smiling again!" he said.

It's summer and we have a summer getaway with all the senior students. My professor gave us a pamphlet to see the beach resort we are planning to visit. Everyone in class is excited.

"Are you going?"

The prettiest girl in our school miraculously talked to me. I didn't say any word to her, I'm speechless. Everyone in school praised and loves her. She's smart, model-type, artsy, and rich. She's also the captain of the cheerleading squad to our basketball team, and kartik is the Captain Ball of it. From what I have heard, she's the rumored girlfriend of kartik as of now. I never asked kartik about it because I don't care.