Reunion

SAN DIEGO

The moon was upon the city of San Diego as night had fell, but the citizens were still busy at work, cars were driving around the city, illuminating the streets with lights as they passed by.

Funnily enough, despite the fact that most of the dinosaurs that escaped the Lockwood manor were released into California, only a handful of them have entered San Diego and most of them were small, like gallimimus, compsognathus, and herrerasaurus, but the government has said that people should take caution if they encounter these dinosaurs.

Even though they mostly live in the forests near the city, there are a few occasions where they somehow slip into the city with barley anybody noticing but it's usually just the gallimimus, the most dangerous one was the herrerasaurus because of their size and speed and the fact that they were pack hunters very similar to raptors.

But even if San Diego has a few dinosaurs roaming around the nearby forests, they don't hold a candle to the dinosaur that used to roam around the city because he was way more dangerous than all of them combined.

San Diego has quite a reputation, as being the first city on the planet to ever be invaded by a dinosaur, of course that animal is no longer in the city but the terror it caused is still remembered even to this day.

23 years ago back in 1997, a cargo ship called the s.s. venture was carrying an apex predator but later on it crashed into an InGen Waterfront Complex.

People went in to investigate the ship, trying to find out the reason as to why the ship had suddenly crashed into the Complex, earlier that night the harbor master was trying to contact the ship but to no avail.

When they got onto the ship though, they saw a grizzly sight, the reason why the crew couldn't stop the ship from crashing was because they themselves had been devoured by something, nobody was sure what could have killed them but because there was only one predator on the ship, they assumed that he was the cause of it.

Later on, somebody accidently opened the cargo hold of the ship, and something else came out from the inside and the events that took place after that fatal mistake were disastrous.

An angry male tyrannosaurus rex came out from the cargo hold of the ship and roared at all that stood before him, he was shipped from Isla Sorna along with his nephew and when he woke up and noticed that his nephew wasn't with him and he was enraged.

He then left the ship to search for his nephew and entered the city of San Diego, he first stopped at a neighborhood to drink some water and later went into the city and caused mayhem throughout the streets, nothing stood in his way, buses and cars couldn't stop his rampage and he tore through them like they were made out of paper.

Later on when he approached a gas station he noticed that his nephew was indeed alive but was in a car with humans.

The two humans were doctor Ian Malcolm, and doctor Sarah Harding, both of them planned to lure the male back to the cargo hold of the ship by using his nephew to get him to follow them.

Eventually they were able to get the male back into the cargo hold but not before he and his nephew devoured Peter Ludlow, the man that previously injured the leg of the young t-rex.

The male and his nephew were returned to Sorna the next morning and InGen made sure to never transport a dinosaur to the mainland ever again for fear of another incident like this happening.

Even if it happened 23 years ago, people still talk about it today since at that point dinosaurs were still isolated on islands and have never made their way onto the mainland until that faithful night when the male t-rex was released.