Epilogue (Because Every Good Story Needs a Teaser for Sequels)

Start from the beginning

A condition that Manda wasn't a big supporter of.

'I don't know why I can't just completely take over the body like others,' He thought. Well, he could take over, that wasn't the issue. The issue was that he wasn't allowed to take over.

Manda pulled out a kerchief from his pocket and wiped his hands clean. The warmth of the blood was gone leaving only a sticky sensation of his host's saliva on his fingers.

He wasn't a big fan of that sensation. Especially since all it provided was a chill in his hands.

"That doesn't sound assuring enough to me," A growling sound came from the crow. It was strange to hear such a feral sound coming from a little bird. Though the source of the voice was a little hard to clearly pinpoint. It came off as slightly gruffed up and heavy.

"Tough luck, mate," Manda said, spotting the faint red spots on his hand that were being very difficult to come off. "What can I say, it's not easy being undercover." He licked those spots and tried to clean them off again.

"Then try to be extra careful. Especially now."

...Why now? "Um, bossman, is there something you might wanna fill in with me?"

"There are Grimmers in the town now. None at the level that you'd need to worry too much, but nonetheless, try to stay on guard."

'Ah, so that's the reason for all that disturbance I've been sensing for the past couple of days,' Manda figured. "I wonder if that's what happened to Akkoro..." Manda whispered under his breath.

"What was that?" The voice from within the crow asked, slight panic evident in its voice.

"Ah, nothing, bossman. One of the Rakshas we summoned last week suddenly stopped responding to me for the past 3 days," Manda explained, "I didn't think much of it since, well, he is a Rakshas. Low levelled one, sure, but he still has the instincts of a Rakshas. I just figured he went wild but hey, since that's one of the reasons we called him up—to cause chaos—so..."

"Controlled chaos," the voice grunted, trying to keep his mind and voice calm and still in control, "that's the plan."

Manda thought that was a stupid condition in the plan. Chaos wasn't chaos if it could be controlled. Not that he expected his boss to understand.

One had to be a Rakshas to understand the true meaning of chaos.

Then again, Manda has no idea who his boss was. He had his money on him being as Asur, would explain his personality.

"Fine, sorry, mate. My mistake," Manda said, getting up, his hands now clean and the blood leaving a nice aftertaste in his mouth.

The night was good. The night was free. Unfortunately, the night wasn't eternal.

'Too bad I have to give up the control soon,' Manda thought.

"Keep me updated, and do not screw up my plan." The crow's eyes turned back to midnight black, the white on its feathers misted away to reveal the black underneath it. It stared at the limp body on the rooftop, neck turned in various directions with rapid speed before flying away to sit on some other rooftop or shit on somebody's car.

Now that's an actual bird.

"Aye, aye, sir," Manda muttered with a small salute. Turning his attention back to the body, he missed the warm feeling he had experienced before the interruption.

"Oh well, back to work." He picked out a golden crystal from his pocket—it had the size of a small round candy—and crushed it within his fist. The dust of the crystals vaporised in the air and mixed into the dust and other components of the sky in an instant.

"I'm heading back home so make sure everything goes as planned, okay buddy?" Manda ordered a lanky guy sitting in the corner, biting his thumbnail.

"Y-yes," the man said in a whispered tone. His body shook on each step he took like a leaf on a very windy day. "I-I will h-he-help him get p-peace, don't w-wo-worry."

'I'm more worried about you getting picked up by the wind,' Manda thought and chuckled at the thought.

While Manda feared nobody, even he had to admit the human looked creepy. 'For beings that are purity given form, they sure tend to exhibit a lot of impurities in their actions.'

Jumping up on the ledge, Manda breathed in a long deep breath and jumped down on the ground with a heavy thud.

No one came out to see what had happened. No one lived now to see what had happened.

All it takes to end a life is one single night.

Yes, Manda indeed loved the night very much.