Dalia looked back with tears in her eyes. But Hikan didn't even look at her sparkling eyes.

"Why?"

"Well, personally, I don't think I want that either."

The Emperor's gaze went to Dalia. She couldn't bear to nod, but her eyes gave her assent.

Then the Emperor sighed sadly.

"Hmm, that's too bad."

"......"

"I wanted to see Miss Dalia become my daughter-in-law."

'So it was a joke after all.'

Why are you making a joke with such a serious expression?

Only Dalia felt bitter inside. Hikan greeted the Emperor when the conversation was roughly settled.

"......Then we'll be going."

"Okay."

The Emperor gave a nod indifferently.

Dalia, who had overcome one crisis, also gave her greeting.

"Your Majesty, thank you for your generous offer and your considerate thoughts."

Strange as it was, the Emperor looked at Dalia for a long time as if he's in regret.

Then he smiled gently.

"Yes, Miss Dalia. See you next time. Hikan, you too."

That's how the royal audience ended.

Dalia and Hikan left, closing the door of the audience room.

The Emperor looked back at his hand after Dalia left.

'As expected, am I mistaken?'

Everyone envies the Transcendents. Because of their superior intelligence and special abilities.

However, the life of a transcendent is like swimming forever in endless suffering.

Is it because the power of non-human is being implanted in humans which is different in nature?

Every time you use power, reason becomes blurred, and only the desire to destroy all the things that are inconvenient to your eyes becomes stronger.

He has endured well so far.

He played the role of a kind and friendly Emperor.

Because of the humans that he loves, because he didn't want to see this world destroyed.

He will have to endure endless suffering forever in exchange for love.

But the moment he held Dalia's hand, he felt his head clear for the first time. It felt like he went back to the time before the "Blooming", when he knew nothing.

From the child's hand to the head, it felt slowly but surely like his soul is being purified.

But, as everyone knows, it was impossible to return a soul that was once tainted with mana.

'I stayed up all night yesterday and I guess I was confused.'

For now the Emperor just dismissed it over. He glanced at the place where the two siblings had disappeared.

'By the way, I'm a little worried about those two.'

Sensitive to human emotions, the Emperor quickly noticed the conflict within Hikan.

No matter how much he pretended to be an adult, he was old enough to hurt something precious just because he didn't want to admit his feelings.

'He'll make a big mistake and regret it.'