Chapter 45: A Haunting in the Woods of Royal part 2

Start from the beginning

Omega Lincoln: What do you mean?

Silverdrake: I'm getting to that. You see, after the case remained unsolved... I remained in my home, even my children's words were unfazed to me as I lie in this state, my mind slowly descending into madness as vengeance gripped my heart, ready to explode but I kept it caged for a while. I did some investigating of my own to solve the matter day after day... week after week... month after month... Where I discovered the truth....

Alpha Lori: Truth...?

Laird: W-What truth?

Silverdrake: During my investigation in the plains of my wife's death, I discovered a strange book deep in the grass, I took it home unseen as I looked deep into it's resources, the words, phrases and pictures made no sense in the slightest as there wasn't anything I could find in a scientific explanation... And I slowly realized in my breaking point, there was no scientific means of events that led to my wife's death.

Artemis: So you couldn't prove who or what killed your wife with science facts?

Nikki: And the book was-

Silverdrake: (leers eerily) Magic. Dark magic.

Nikki: Gasp!

Becky: What?! There's no such thing as magic!

Silverdrake: That's what I thought too... (Pulls out a strange black & silver book with skeletal dragon symbol out from his desk) After months of analyzing and decoding the book's strange language, I even discovered the murderer of my wife was a dark mystic... Reading a strange phrase showed a photographic memory of my wife walking through the plains to visit an old friend on the farm but a hooded figure appeared before her, he was actually someone who loved my wife dearly but rejected him for me in high school... He never moved on & became obsessed with her trying to get me to break it off & give her to him.

Ava: Sheesh. Stalker much.

Luna: Weird dude.

Silverdrake: After a fight in high school, he was never seen again for years until that day at the plains... making a cruel deed that if he couldn't have my wife, no one will. Now a dark mystic, he didn't do anything physical to my wife as I said before... He took out her soul, leaving her a lifeless husk as he ate her spirit whole. The Spiritual image played over & over again in my head as I wanted to find him and make him pay but as I was then, I couldn't do it... not with science or the magic I briefly discovered... So I made myself scarce to society as I never left my home, experimenting and learning the book's strange ways of dark magic as the more I learned, the more... inhuman like I became...

Luan: That's just crazy.

Silverdrake glares coldly in Luan's direction, silencing her.

Silverdrake: After learning the full capabilities of dark magic through my scientific knowledge, I was ready for the dark mystic, I found him & engaged in battle with him. I planned every contingency counters for his spells & overpowered him as I struck the final blow to his heart, I wanted him to look me dead in the eyes as he draw his final breath...

Ronnie Anne: So you killed him? You couldn't have gave him to the police?

Silverdrake: (Deadpan) Hmph. The police would never believe a 'magic man' killed my wife. Plus, I wanted him dead. (A grin crept on his face) It felt good but it lasted for awhile as the darkness & madness inside me grew & grew like a cancer... I started to embrace it, the point of no return as I found new ways to... express these new capabilities...

Sameer: The disappearances...

Sid: The Three siblings deaths...

Silverdrake: Merely test subjects... Some were failures but hey, in order to gain success, you must learn from certain failures...