Chapter 12

Hey, hey heeeyy!!!

here's chapter 12!

hope you like it!

-XxreadabookxX and RolyatEnaj_

                                                                      ************

"Oh my god, its her."

"I feel so sorry for her."

"I heard she made all of those things up for attention."

"Her face looks pretty messed up. I don't think she can fake that."

The talk started. All around me, all eyes focused on me. All the words that were whispered floated to my ears anyway even though they were not meant for me to hear.

I cringed at all the attention. I hated this, I hated being centre of attention. I hated even having attention. Now, I'm the star of this week or months gossip.

I hid my face in my hair, not daring to look up into any eyes and just at my feet. This is a disaster. I shouldn't have even come to school.

Even though it was still super early, I walked into Mr.Clements' class. Taking my seat, I finally took a breath, there was no one here.

I've been surrounded the past few days. Questioning, interviews, organizations. Just walking down the street, A person would stop me to show me sympathy. Everyone knew what happened to me. Everyone knew my story.

"What did he do to you?," another investigator asked.

"Did you shout for help?"

"How long were you held hostage?"
The questions all jumbling around in my head as I was surrounded by unknown people. I immediately felt claustrophobic.

Before I knew it, I was breaking down in front of the cameras. The memories I want so badly to forget, keep coming back. Keep haunting me. Reliving them isn't what I wanted to do.

"I don't want to answer your questions," I mumbled, but my voice was easily overrun by the multiple talking. I instead, blocked out everything.

I was pulled into a pair of arms, that I had known to be my mother. I watched as she shouted at them to stay away from me. Burying my face into her shoulder, she walked me away from all the bombarding.

They ask the same questions. Always the same. The police had already investigated me on those. I already had cried over replying.

Forcing back building up tears, I took deep breaths as the bell rang and the class filed in. Keeping my head down once again, I hid my face. The bruise was close to gone by now, but the scar on my cheek was still there, always a reminder.

"She came to school?"

"Poor girl, what was her name again?"

"Bryony, her name was all over the news yesterday."

"Oh, right. That's frightening though. I wouldn't even come to school if that happened to me."

I closed my eyes, as I listened. This was going to be a long day.

* * *

The whole day at school, I could barely concentrate. All you hear is, Bryony-Adam-Bryony-Adam. It wasn't just me anymore. I wasn't alone with myself. Everyone knew.

Fiddling with my thumbs, I looked up as my mother parked the car.

We were at the police station for like the 10th time already, but this time, we were somewhere I don't want to be.

I still had unanswered questions. The last time may have been a bad idea, but I need them answered.

I need to see him, again.

Taking deep breaths, I got out of the car.

You can do this. He wont hurt you. He's behind bars.

I looked at the building, with each step, I got closer to the guy I don't want to be near.

With each step, I got closer and closer.

To Adam.

                                                                         ****************

vote/read/comment