Chapter 7: The morning after

Song of the chapter: Just a cloud away by Pharrell Williams

- - -

The sun shines brightly into the room due to Adrien forgetting to close the blinds of the window the night before because of what happened.

Marinette groans as the bright light reaches her eyelids and she opens them, ignoring her head which is clearly protesting.

When her eyesight has adjusted after a long night of sleep, her eyebrows raise in confusion. Where the hell is she and what happened last night.

She then notices that a hand is wrapped around her waist and she freezes, realizing that someone is hugging her from behind.

First, she doesn't know who her big spoon is, but when her eyes focus on the nightstand she sees a familiar boy on a picture that seems to be with his mom.

A smile forms on her face and Marinette immediately feels more at ease now she knows who is hugging her. In fact, she moves closer to Adrien's body and closes her eyes, feeling content.

Suddenly, she feels Adrien stir behind her and she waits until he lets go of her, but he never does. Instead, he also hugs her closer.

Marinette flushes and tries to pretend to be asleep so she can continue Adrien's hug, but when the blonde speaks up, she knows that he already knows she's awake.

"How are you feeling?" Adrien asks, his voice raspy and Marinette decides that she loves his morning voice.

"My head hurts, but other than that, I'm fine."

Marinette then realizes something. She freezes and is afraid to look down, but she knows that she has to and she moves the duvet up to check her assumption.

Yep, she's in her underwear.

Adrien seems to understand what she's doing and suddenly, he freezes too. He moves away from her and Marinette doesn't know what she's feeling at the moment.

"D-did we?" Marinette's shaky voice fills the room. "Did we do it?" She turns around to face Adrien and her eyes are filled with worry.

Adrien moves his hand through his messy bed hair. "I'm honestly not sure, Mari, I was also really far gone yesterday." He admits.

Marinette's hands start to shake and she quickly stands up to gather her clothes in her hands so she can change. "Can you check if there's a condom here somewhere?"

Adrien curses under his breath but does what he's told. When Marinette is done dressing, she turns to Adrien who is already looking at her and he shakes his head.

"This can't be happening," Marinette says aloud and she starts pacing through the room, her breath quickening with every step she takes.

"Wait!" Adrien suddenly exclaims. He runs to his laptop and turns it on, taking a seat on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Marinette says with a high-pitched voice. "This is serious you know?"

Adrien rolls his eyes. "I know that, I also don't want to be a teenage dad if you must know. I have a way to know what we did last night."

Marinette immediately runs to sit down next to Adrien. "You do? Thank goodness."

Adrien chuckles and starts typing in his password to unlock the laptop. Then, he suddenly looks at Marinette with honest eyes. "And if we have done it and you don't want to get rid of it, I will fully support you. It's your body so it's your decision and whatever you decide, I will be by your side."

Tears start to well into Marinette's eyes and she hugs Adrien tightly after he has spoken. "Thank you, but let's hope you won't have to. I appreciate it though, you're a great guy."