"There he is." I pointed watching him get out of the cruiser. He looked the same as he did when he came to the mom and dad's funeral.

"Uh." Was all the came out of Naya's mouth. I didn't blame her. Who would want to ride in a police car? I surely didn't. Uncle Charlie came around his car and walked straight at us with a wide smile gracing his face.

"How was your flight girls?" Uncle Charlie asked and I smiled at him.

"Long." I gave him a quick hug and let him go.

"I slept most of the way." Naya shrugged.

"Knowing you, you probably fell asleep as soon as you got comfortable" Uncle Charlie joked and I chuckled.

"It wasn't very comfortable but at least I wasn't up for most of the flight otherwise I would've tempted to jump out of the plane from boredom." Naya said and I rolled my eyes at her words.

"You could've tried." I told her. She turned to Uncle Charlie ignoring me completely.

"So why are you in your police car?" Naya asked making a hand gesture to the car.  Uncle Charlie looked back at his car and back at Naya.

"I had a briefing this morning with the other officers. I headed here as soon as it was over, so I didn't keep you two waiting here." Uncle Charlie said and I nodded. I started walking towards the cop car. I was determined to get in the front seat before Naya called dibs.

"So, where's Bella?" I asked stopping at the passenger door watching as Uncle Charlie walked around the car to the driver side.

"At school. And speaking of school, You two are starting first thing in the morning." Uncle Charlie informed us opening his door. Great. We just got here and we're already starting school. I thought.

"Yay." Naya cheered sarcastically. I opened the passenger door and got in. I heard Naya mumbling about how she had to sit in the back of the cop car. I ignored her and took off my bag and dropped it between my legs. I leaned back reaching for the seatbelt. I grabbed it and pulled it over my front and locked it in.

******

After the long drive from Seattle to Forks, we finally made it to the house. The white two-story house sat in front of me. I studied it as I got out of the vehicle. Nothing much looked different about the house. It was still the same.

"Come on, you two. I'll show you your room." Uncle Charlie said gesturing us to follow him. I blinked breaking my gaze from the house and chewed on my bottom lip. We walked up to the house and climbed the stairs. As Uncle Charlie unlocked the front door, I turned around and looked across the street. There weren't any people outside so I couldn't really stare at them. So, I turned back around just as Uncle Charlie opens the door. We walked inside and I immediately started checking out the house. The kitchen was to my left and the living room was to my right. The stairs were in front of the door when you walked in. There weren't many pictures hanging up. But I could see some of me and Naya with our parents and Bella when she was a baby.

"Nothing's changed." I pointed out looking over at Uncle Charlie who scratched the back of his neck.

"I've changed some things, but I couldn't change it all." Uncle Charlie says looking around the room with a distant look in his eyes. I open my mouth to speak but he turns back to us with a weak smile. "Let's go to your room."

Uncle Charlie headed up the stairs. I nodded and glanced over to Naya who stayed quiet. "Come on" I nudged her with my elbow and followed Uncle Charlie up the stairs.

"Bella's room is right here, my room is here and there's the bathroom." Uncle Charlie pointed out. There was only one bathroom in the house. So, it was going to be hell sharing a small bathroom with two other teenage girls and a grown man. Uncle Charlie walked down the short hall and opened a white door. I leaned back letting him push the door against the wall. I saw brown wooden stairs headed up. We headed up the stairs and into the attic we went.

The stairs came up right in the middle of the room. The roof was in a triangle. The walls were white, and the flooring was wooden with boxes scattered across. I saw two queen size mattresses at the end of the room in front of me. A window nook between the two beds.

"The closets are over here. The beds over there. I didn't really know what kind of covers you'd like so just got the color you two liked. If you want to change-"

"It's fine Uncle Charlie. You did great." Naya cut him off. She gave him a reassuring smile and he nodded slowly.

"Okay. Umm, I guess I'll leave you girls up here to get settled in. We're going out to get dinner tonight, just to let you two know." Uncle Charlie says headed down the stairs.

"Sounds good. Let us know when we got to get ready." I told him.

"Will do." Uncle Charlie says walking down the last few steps. He stops at the doorway and looks back up to me. The look in his eyes was something I have been seeing recently in a lot of eyes. "If you two want to talk about anything or just need anything, I'm down here."

I gave him a small smile knowing his meaning behind the words. "We know." I told him and he nodded once again sending an awkward smile back.

"Alright."