Chapter 4: Dinner is Served

"Say ahh."

"Connor? What.. are you doing?

________________________________

They've been walking through the streets for quite a while.

"Where exactly is the place?" Mouse questions, fidgeting with her outfit.

"It's in Ikebukuro station. Since we're going back to the apartment right after, I just thought to pick one nearby." Connor answers, still looking at his phone.

"Is the food really going to be good then?"

"Of course- Mouse, you'll be surprised at the standard these Japanese restaurants hold themselves at, alright?"

Mouse says with a british voice, "Wow, the absolute state of Japanese restaurants."

"That's what I'm talking about Mouse, keep up that kind of energy."

They finally reach TOKYO UNDERGROUND RAMEN Ganja. (that is a real restaurant)

The restaurant had a modern and homely feel to it despite being a level above the Tokyo railways

The restaurant had a modern and homely feel to it despite being a level above the Tokyo railways. It was also empty since most people were still at work. Mouse could see a weird sort of vending machine at the cashier counter, yet decided not to question it. They sat at a table, opposite each other.

"Woah they have an English menu!"

"Yup, but not all ramen places do. Traditional ones have everything in kanji. So I figured this place would be good since it's your first time."

"Yeah it's so chill in here! Although I- gHs"

"You?"

"I.. I wish I could hold up the menu without looking short as fuck."

He looked over to see Mouse, gripping a menu that completely covered the top of her head. He snickered. Mouse glared from the side of her menu.

"Don't you dare fuckin laugh, just how long are you gonna keep laughing at me being short? It's not even funny!"

"Forever. It never gets old."

He looks back at his menu laughing lightly. Mouse's face heats up, suddenly thinking of the implied message behind what he said. Ugh what am I getting flustered for?  She shakes off the embarrassment and holds the menu in her lap, looking for something to order.

"Alright Mouse, so this is how it's going to work. Once you're done choosing a meal, we'll go to the vending machine at the counter. There, we'll punch in our order and topping choices. We'll get tickets from the machine and then give them to the waiter. Then, we wait for our meal. You got all that?"

"..Sorry what? I blanked out for a sec."

Connor sighs, putting his menu down. "Nevermind, I'll just guide you when we do it. Anyways, make sure you order tsukemen."