Chapter 6 - Is it real?

On our way out I point the wardrobe to Hyunjin and he guides me here now holding my arm underneath his. I take my bag and I try to ignore the urge to pop two calming pills from it. My head is buzzing from all the noise and anxiety and my legs still seem like jelly.

The fresh air brushes my face and my hair and I'm grateful. For some moments we remain in silence and I try just to breathe and not think about anything.

"How do you feel to be back home?" asks Hyunjin with a trembling voice this time.

I can tell he has tears in his eyes and I take a few steps away from him, otherwise I know I won't be able to stop my own tears. The sound of his voice saying the word "home" brings me back so many memories that I try to ignore.

"My home is in Australia, Hyun..jin." my voice cracks while saying his name, that I tried to forget for so long, but with no result. I keep my face away from him and I try to fix the buildings in front of us.

"I know that, Lixie, but also here used to be your home."

I try to stop my now trembling legs and I turn my face to look him in the eyes. I can tell that my eyes are teary, as well as his.

"I'm sorry thay you still have that..." says Hyunjin with regret in his voice.

"It's nothing I can really do. There are good times, bad times, I am still getting used to it after all these years." I say letting my tears fall. He immediately whipes them with his thumbs.

"Do you wanna leave?"

"Y-y-es. I have no intention on going back inside."

"I'll quicklty text Minho". He grabs his phone from his pocket and texts something to Minho and while he does that I can't stop myself from admiring his black suit that fits him perfectly and his beautifully parted blonde hair. His face got even more prettier over the years, if that is humanly possible. His eyes are a little puffy and his perfect plump lips are wet. He looks at me with a sad smile that would look pretty convincing if I haven't knew him for so long.

"Let's go."

I really have no intention on asking where are we heading. Just for tonight, I want his comfort. He takes my hand into his and I don't fight it. We walk some blocks away and we arrive at a little park, near a lake. We both keep quiet but I'm sure both our hearts beat so fast that we can actually hear it in our ears. The place is very silent and the starry sky from above, reflecting in the lake, makes it all to look surreal.

"Let's lay for a little here."

Hyunjin takes off his coat and puts it gently on the grass pointing for me to sit down.

"No, you don't have to Hyunjin. I'm gonna ruin the beautiful piece."

"There's no other beautiful piece for me apart from you. Please, Felix. You need to rest."

I nod while I feel my face turning all red. He lays beside me and puts a string of my hair behind my ear. The cold ground underneath me feels so good, because I feel like my whole body is going to burn in flames. I have so many questions, yet I can't find the strength to start and break the peaceful silence. The remains of the acohol on my body are making me sleepy.

"I like it here, it's so quiet." It's all that I say to him.

"Me too. Let's keep it that way so you can relax that sweet, crowded mind of yours. I am so happy that you are here, Lixxie. How would I be able to let you go again?"

Hyunjin pov

By his slow, regulate breathing I can tell he is asleep. He comes even closer to me, cuddling his head on my chest. I put my arms around his small body, and I inhale his sweet perfume. I'm not surprised to find out that after all these years his smell is still the one I know. My heart feels so full and I finally let all the tears roll down my face into Felix's hair. My phone is buzzing in my pocket so I pull it out fast, so Felix will not be disturbed.

"Hey, Minho, I can ex..."

"WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING?!!" Jisung's voice yells desperately. I suppose they are in the parking lot now, because I can hear the music in the distance. Bring my precious Lix back!!"

"Wait Ji, I'll share my location now and we'll wait for you to pick us up."

After 15 minutes Minho stops the car in front of my apartment's building.

"So that was it? You just found him in the bathroom in the middle of a panic attack and conforted him?"

"Yes. Nothing more, nothing less. We went then to that park you and Minho picked us up. Let me go inside with him while he's asleep and we can talk tomorrow, OK?"

"Just tell him to call me the moment he wakes up. I feel guilty for doing this... I sould take him to my place. He's still fragile..."

"Stop worrying Jisung, Hyunjin will not let go of his ball of fur now." Says Minho trying to calm down Jisung. "Just play it cool, no past involved." Says Mihno now looking at me with what wanted to be conforting and also warning.

"Hyungs! Just leave already!"