≫̸̘͖̣̞͈͕̒́͋ͅͅ 5

The room was cold

The room was cold. White pristine walls and white tiled floors carried the harsh light to their eyes making them squint as they entered.

The smell of disinfectant made it feel like they were in a hospital. Looking around the large circular room, Siyeon noticed a second door to the right of them. Following it up to a tinted window that acted as a observation room.

"When you get to Kwangya, you will transported into a room similar to this. It will not be inside the company but rather in an alley way about a km away from the building. This is to protect the building and the transfer pod- which is what you're in now," Sooman started, standing in the middle of the room.

"Here is a map to find your way. I haven't had the opportunity to explore the city, I've only seen the upper layers. The lower layers of the city is where the lower class live. It's dirty and lots of crime is committed. But you won't be staying there. You will be mostly in the middle layer of the city, this is where the pod and company are. Your accomodation is in the upper part- but don't worry about that now, you will have someone guide you when you arrive. The helmets in your hands are very important, they're what allows you to breathe and survive in the Kosmos. Without them your brain would implode, so take good care of them. They're the only things connecting you from Earth to Kwangya," handing Mark the map and a folder he moved towards where the door was, entering a code and heading up to the observation area.

"There is one thing you should know about this dimension. They have these things called æ. They're basically the digital form of yourself. You will not have one because you were not born there, only those born in Kwangya have an æ. They're not a replica of you, they are based off of your persona placed onto the digital world," he spoke through the speaker. The group all looking up at where he is.

"My last words of advice, don't head into the desert, it's dangerous and stay out of the lower layers. This city is nothing like you have ever experienced before, so just be cautious. Do you have any questions?"

The group all looked at each other, eyes landing on Mark and he shook his head, "no sir."

"If anything comes to mind, you can contact here or you will find it in your folder. Now all stand on your individual circle."

Looking down they saw a circle of marked spots, each finding their own and waiting for the next instruction.

"Once you place your helmets on I will start up the machine. Be careful when travelling through the Kosmos. It's easy to get lost to the void so stick together. I'll start the countdown. 10."

The group gave each other shared looks, giving quick nods in reassurance and encouragement.

"9,8."

Individually they began placing their helmets on.

"7,6."

Blue lights shun on the screen in front of their eyes, statistics and in the corner was a video of the others, flickering through so they could see each other.

"5,4."

The sound of buttons could be heard and followed was a bright light exuding from the room- circling around them as it sped up.

"3."

The lights spun faster and faster. Flicking past their eyes and Siyeon gulped. Looking up at Chenle who was across from her, his fists clenched and she called out his name.

He looked up to her, his eyes flickering to the small video of her face in the corner of his screen and she smiled.

"2."

"See you on the other side."

The faint pull of his lips up was the last thing she saw before she felt her body ascend.

"1."

Swirls of pinks, blues, greens and slivers of golds and silver swirled around her. Passing by her at the speed of light. Eyes wide as she frantically looked around.

Her body flying, no, hurtling through light beams. The pressure pushing both against her and away from her made her feel as though she was 20 feet underwater.

An immense amount of pressure falling on top of her body yet she felt as light as possible.

Looking around, she saw the figures of her team mates. All scattered around her but all heading in the same direction.

"Where are we?" Jisung asked, his little picture popping into her peripheral. His eyes wide and mouth hung open as he looked around.

"This must be the Kosmos," Jeno spoke.
"I feel like I'm in the Milky Way."

"Can anyone else feel their fingers?" Haechan said worriedly and Siyeon watched the boy next to her wiggle his fingers. A giggle bubbling through her as she gently moved her arms outwards. The feeling of them flying through the Kosmos, going against the wind, felt almost familiar to her.

Like when she rode a motorcycle, or made waves with her hands out the window of the car.

That same pressure whipped around her making her feel as light as a feather.

"This is so cool," she muttered to herself. Peering up to the little monitor and watching it flick through her team mates- all donning a smile of fascination.

"Heads up guys, I think we're nearing," Mark announced to them and they all looked up.

"Wow," Siyeon admired at the blinding white light in front of them. Squinting as the light got bright with each moment they grew closer.

"Here we go!" Renjun exclaimed as they headed into the light.