ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Arlo's already said." Stiles nods before he walks in, looking around the place.

"Malia?" Isaac asks, making the others turn to see her standing outside of the vault door, both of her arms crossed.

"I have a question." The Coyote tells them, more specifically, Scott and Stiles, who send each other looks.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asks his girlfriend.

"What are you two hiding?" Malia asks, instantly making the Lynx perk up and look towards her first best friends, who start to grow nervous.

"I can handle it. You guys know I can." Malia adds as Stiles lets out a guilty sigh, instantly making Charlotte tilt her head at him in question.

"I know I'm on the list." Malia scoffs, instantly making everyone relax.

Whereas Charlotte just grows more confused.

"Yes, you are." Stiles nods at her, sparing a glance at Charlotte.

"Okay... so, how much am I?" The Coyote asks, glancing between the two with raised eyebrows.

"Four million." Stiles replies, holding up four fingers for emphasis, making everyone go silent.

"How the hell are you worth less than Isaac?" Charlotte asks after a minute of said silence, her nose scrunching a little.

"Thanks, Arlo. I love you too." Isaac sighs, making Charlotte smile at him widely.

"Screw that, how am I worth less than you?" Malia asks with a playful scoff, turning to the Lynx in front of her.

"I'm just the better one." Charlotte replies with a small shrug, snickering when Malia playfully rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, okay." The Coyote nods before she walks into the vault.

"Bitch." The Lynx grumbles, making Malia laugh.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Charlotte glances around her friends sadly, watching as Scott plays with Isaac's hand as the beta leans against him, both of them growing more pale each second as whatever has caused this affects them more.

She then turns to Allison and Kira, the Kitsune burying her head into the crook of Allison's neck as the Huntress wraps her arms around Kira's waist, making Charlotte smile slightly before she turns to Stiles and Malia.

Her eyes instantly cast down to Malia, who's head is laying on Stiles's lap as the human messes around with the Coyote's hair, hoping to soothe her.

That's when Charlotte brings her knees to her chest, her back leaning against the wall as she sits alone, her senses on high alert just in case anything happens to her friends.

"You know, this is where it all started. Where the money was. One hundred and fifty four million dollars in bearer bonds." Stiles speaks up, gesturing to Peter's vault near them.

"It used to be one hundred and sixty..." Charlotte trails to herself, staring at the vault.

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Kira asks curiously, leaning her head against Allison's.

"The bank, I guess. They just let it all sit here the whole time. Did you guys know that bearer bonds are basically extinct?" Stiles asks them.

"No, but thanks for letting me know." Charlotte sends her best friend a wide smile, making him smile back.

"Why does it matter?" Kira asks, making Charlotte's head instantly snap towards her to send the Kitsune a look of confusion.

"Do you know how many problems that money could solve?" Stiles asks in retaliation.

"For you?" Allison asks softly.

"Yeah, for me, my dad, the Eichen House and the MRI bills are killing him." Stiles answers, making Charlotte frown and look to the floor, thoughts racing through her mind.

"You see, my mum does this think where she writes down all the items in our budget and how much they'll cost. Then she'll add all that up to figure out how long we have until we lose the house." Scott sighs sadly, making Isaac lean into him more.

Charlotte quickly gets up from her space, her best friends watching as she walks towards the back of the vault where her own safe is.

She quickly unlocks it, putting in the correct numbers before she allows it to open, the Lynx quickly counting the stacks of money that she had switched from bearer bonds into cash the day after she came back to Beacon Hills just in case.

When she sorts her money out into a couple of piles, she quickly closes her safe again, locking the safe to make sure it's completely secure before she walks back to her friends, instantly spotting Stiles about to leave on his own.

"What the fuck are you doing, dumbass?" The Lynx asks exasperatedly, quickly walking over to her best friend.

"They're looking for us-" Stiles starts, gesturing to the now open vault door.

"Great, I'm coming with you." Charlotte nods.

"No..." Stiles shakes his head, trailing his word when Charlotte just walks past him.

"Wasn't asking, Roscoe's bitch." She hums in reply, making Stiles sigh in defeat before he follows after her, not hearing Isaac and Scott laugh at what Charlotte had called him.