ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Do you even know where the vault is?" Mr. Yukimura asks Charlotte.

"Of course I do. Me and Cora used to blow stuff up down there... probably wasn't the best idea but oh well." Charlotte shrugs, casually looking between her best friends as she rambles.

"Great, then let's go." Isaac nods, Scott and Kira nodding in agreement.

However, as they go to leave, Allison and Stiles stumble forward, only to be caught by Charlotte, her eyes flashing gold as she uses her ability to make sure her two best friends don't fall.

"It's happening to you two as well. You're getting sick, you all are." Mr. Yukimura realises, watching as both of the humans lean on the table again with help from Charlotte.

"You two look rough as fuck. Bad hangovers?" Charlotte asks the two, who slowly turn to look at her.

"Or is it Kira's and Malia's faults?" Charlotte asks with a small chuckle, making Isaac and Scott start to laugh.

"Don't even get me started with you two." The Lynx sends the boyfriends an amused look, instantly making the two shut up.

"I don't actually feel sick." Kira speaks up, getting back on track.

"I actually think it's affecting you differently. Neurologically. I found your test answers here with the others." Mr. Yukimura tells his daughter, bringing out her test paper.

The other teens lean forward, seeing how Kira has just circled random parts of the paper instead of in the bubbles.

"My bad." Kira winces a little, smiling at her dad sheepishly.

"I feel completely fine too." Charlotte speaks up, making Mr. Yukimura look up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"You don't feel ill? Or feel like you're about to lose control?" The adult asks the sixteen year old.

"No. I'm fine... surprisingly." Charlotte shakes her head in reply.

"Well, you were doing well on your exam... I don't really have an explanation for that. Sorry, Arlo." Mr. Yukimura apologises, sending the Lynx a smile.

"At least I was doing well on my exam." She mumbles, shrugging to herself a little.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Where's the vault?" Isaac asks as the teens walk down the stairs to the basement, watching as Charlotte goes straight towards the back of the room.

"You've been there a couple of times." Charlotte hums in reply, looking around the walls.

"What?" The Beta asks in confusion, glancing at Malia with furrowed eyebrows.

"Up Scott's ass. Let us know when you wanna check again so we can leave." Charlotte replies with a simple shrug, smiling to herself when she hears the others snicker at her answer before she moves one of the shelves from the wall.

"Seriously?" Isaac asks when he stands next to her, sending his best friend a look.

"Yeah, just give us the word." Charlotte nods with a small laugh, making Isaac roll his eyes a little before he turns to the wall, seeing the Triskele.

"How does it open?" Kira asks.

"With Hale's claws." The Lynx replies, flicking out her claws before she uses them to open the vault.

"It feels like when in The Maze Runner when the maze doors would open and close... do you know that you look a bit like Thomas?" Kira turns to her friend, who raises his eyebrows and nods a little in reply.