A Godly Fear

Cloud Chief, and Rabbit were sharing their nightly pipe as the Soaring Hawk sounded his first mating cry. They heard his Owl answer him back. The calls echoed through the night for several minutes, each laced with longing and heavy desire. Then it all became silent.

"They are flying once more." Cloud Chief's was thick with unshed tears as he felt such happiness for his ever-patient brother. Lan Xi Chen had born an enormous amount of responsibility through many lifetimes. so many that he had never shared it ll completely with his brother in the times that they were reincarnated together. In all of them, he had stoically waited for the return of his own soul-mate, all the time refusing to envy his younger brother's ability to search and find Wei Ying. It had torn Lan Zhan apart each time he glimpsed Lan Xi Chen's agony and he felt desperately impotent. He was now overwhelmed tonight and he could not contain his emotions.

Rabbit wrapped his arms around his husband and held on with all the love in his own heart. This is why he worshipped the strong and quiet man in his embrace. He felt everything too deeply, so he buried it most of the time and silently rescued others as he could. And if he could not rescue his Gege, he suffered greatly as well.

"My Love. My Love, calm yourself. They are together once more."

"Will it be forever? Will he know the happiness I know, of finding you each time?"

""I wish I knew, dearest man. That is up to the gods, not us."

"Sometimes, I do not like the gods very much. They are game players, We are chess stones. They fling us on a board. Uncaringly, haphazardly."

"It is never good to speak like that. They could become angry."{

"Don't care."

Rabbit jerked away, feeling a sudden and piercing chill. He spoke tersely, his voice held a tinge of fear. "Then I must shut that mouth of yours up tonight before you get yourself in trouble."

Cloud Chief grinned flirtatiously. "How do you proposed to do that?"

"Give you a taste of you own medicine."

"Bold words."

Rabbit had lost his usual softness. His face paled and grew as still as granite. He was petrified and he grew very cold.

"Cloud Chief. if you want every day today, it WILL be on my terms or none at all. You have no idea of what they are capable of. I have spent time in their hell and they are implacable. Do as I say or I leave this teepee immediately, do you understand me? First, strip...everything!'

The mighty warrior seemed a bit uneasy now. " You haven't used that tone since that night in Yunmeng, that night I flew off against your wishes." Rabbit frowned sternly at him so Cloud Chief removed his clothing and stood magnificently in the faint light of the fire. Ruby and golden flames played along the defined chest muscles, tracing patterns down to the carved vee that edged the pelvis, mapping the way to what Rabbit desired most that night.

He solidified his resolve; the sudden pang of fear that hit him when Lan Zhan spoke disrespectfully about the gods was great. His own dealings after his first death had opened their capricious natures to him. Rabbit remembered the futility of pleading with sometimes maliciously playful and powerful beings. He knew that earthy creatures were nothing more than cosmic experiments to the wrong god, determined to test the limits of human tolerance. Even his strong and fearless husband would not win against the mighty above.

He stared Cloud Chief down and whispered in a throaty and frightening voice. "Hold your hands out and cross your wrists." The Chief obeyed and Rabbit removed one of the crimson ribbons from a braid and bound them together tightly then led him over to the lodgepole in the center of their teepee and pressed his back against it.

"Stay." Then Wei Ying lowered a thick rope down and tied it over the ribbon. He bit his lip. "The ribbon will prevent abrasions. "

Lan Zhan's breathing became heavier. He could no longer read his lover's eyes. Usually, he was an open book, but not this night. He watched as Wei Ying summoned a Quiet spell and then stood fully clothed before him, his eyes dulled to pewter, not a good sign. And Rabbit began.

He started running his hands seductively, mutely, over Cloud Chief's face, tracing every sharp and strong angle. He was so different this lifetime, so beautiful in a tribal and seasoned way. Similar in ways to Lan Zhan but the strength of generations of nomadic life had replaced refinement with earthy and indomitable features. He loved the original masterpiece but also desired and adored the man in front of him now. And he would do what was needed to remind him what the cost of arrogance and defiance could bring upon them. Their gods were usually good, but they could react with spiteful anger if they took umbrage.

He ran his tongue teasingly down the sides of the impressive neck, to the clavicle, tracing the bow above the breast bone. He took his time and he heard a soft moan make its way from the deep chest, a hungry and slightly demanding rumble of desire.

"Do not say a word or I will not continue." Cloud Chief compressed his lips, smothering his pout of protest.

Rabbit worked meticulously, licking, sucking, nipping sharply as he went. He glanced down periodically, gaging the results, satisfied as his husband grew harder, the inflamed head, turning red then purple. He was almost where Rabbit needed him.

"No more, please." A soft command, but still, a command.

"I told you not to say a word, my Cloud. Still defiant? Still disobedient? Kneel. Now."

Cloud Chief sank to his knees and before he could react Rabbit reached around, grasped the rope and pulled it tight, forcing his husband's hands above his head and tying it off on the back of the pole, leaving only the slightest slack. He returned and looked at him.

Spread your legs wider.. . Good. Good." The action lowered Cloud Chief several inches, pulling the rope taut. then Rabbit lifted the buckskin dress off and Chief Cloud's eyes, now at a level directly across from the stunning sight of Rabbit's very large and very angry erection, widened in apprehension. Rabbit tucked his finger under the larger man's chin and raised his head.

"When I remove my hand you will open your mouth. You will allow me entry. I told you I would teach you to shut your mouth and not disrespect the gods. I cannot risk their anger to visit you, Lan Zhan. I cannot bear any lifetimes without you." His eyes, pewter still, filled with tears. "I cannot bear that thought. So I will punish you in a way I know you will not forget". He dropped his shaking hand and spoke an order and Lan Zhan welcomed his husband in.

He was filled immediately. The head had already been glistening before he received it and his mouth was stretched wide. Rabbit began to move in and out as Cloud Chief adjusted. He began to relax as Rabbit edged further and further forward and, impossibly, his own member was still enlarging. The unsatisfied desire was becoming unbearable. Rabbit varied his pace, sometimes slow, sometimes with faster plunges forward.

Despite his terrified and saddened heart, Wei Ying found himself gazing down as his husband worked to please him. He slowly pulled out and felt a thrill as Lan Zhan's soft, talented tongue laved the tip, circling and kissing it; Wei could stand it no longer and plunge forward again. He held back for as long as he could, and almost without warning as his hands gripped the back of Lan Zhan's head, he felt his sack contract and tighten, the sweet nectar burst from him and he surged forward, pumping wildly until he was spent, falling to his own knees, exhausted and empty.

Both men tried to catch their breath. Rabbit's head was bowed.

"Rabbit. Please release me. I want you. I need you."

Rabbit glanced at his desperately needy husband, still erect, his cock involuntarily jerking with each deep breath. His sorrowful eyes closed as he shook his head.

"No. No release tonight, no matter how much we both want it. You will remain as you are, unfulfilled tonight. We both know what thirteen years alone can do to a soul. You must think of what a lifetime or more could do to us both. Forgive me, my love. But paying a small penance tonight may appease them. We are one of their favorite pastimes you and I. They reward us. They torture us. And they place bets on us while they play their games. They are gods and have no conscience."

He returned to their bed alone, covered his head and soft weeping began to tear at Cloud Chief's heart as he waited until dawn.