Chapter 4 - First Mission

The next morning after the incident with Noelle, Izuku awoke as he felt sharp pain from his arms. He bolted up and let out a small grunt of pain.

"Is this pain.... because I used Black Whips?" Izuku questioned to himself. It made no sense, he made sure to hold back where he grabbed Noelle.... so where was this pain coming from?

The pain started to get worse.

Izuku could barely handle it.

Black smoke suddenly erupted from his wrists.

" W-what the hell?" Izuku questioned as black smoke blasted out of his wrist.

Suddenly the pain stopped.

Izuku felt something in his hand. He swiped away the black smoke and took a good look at what was touching his hand.

On his hand was a... book.

Izuku blinked in surprise. The book was green and black going across the cover. It was a Thick book, yet Izuku could feel power coming from it.

"Is t-this...a Grimoire but why does it have 6-leaf?" Izuku asked himself in shock. He reached forward and touched the Grimoire, it glowed before suddenly disappearing.

" It disappeared?" Izuku questioned to himself. " Then is it possible for me to call it or make it disappear?" But how does that work?

"Or is it something I just need to think about...?" Izuku had so many questions and not many answers. However before he could figure anything out, he heard a knock on his door.

"Hey Izuku!" Izuku heard Asta call his name out. " Food is ready! C'mon lets go eat, we can even race there!"

Izuku gave a slight sigh.

" We don't have to race but I'll be right..there." Izuku opened the door and Asta began running down the hallway towards the dinning hall.

Izuku sweat-dropped at that.

He supposed Asta wouldn't take no for an answer.

Izuku ran after him.

.

.

.

.

Izuku ran into the dining room and noticed Asta had already started eating.

So..." Asta said to Magna. " What do magic knights actually do?" Asta questioned.

Izuku had an similar question. He wondered if it was like being a hero where they go on patrols and catch criminals.

Magna glared at Asta in response.

"Are you seriously asking that? You little....." Magna stood and began to shake Asta comedically.

" We protect the country, guard stuff... it's the manliest job in the world, you moron!" Magna said as he continued to shake Asta. "Why'd you wanna join in the first place, huh!?"

Izuku brought a finger to his chin. So it was like being a hero...

The scantily clad girl suddenly spoke up.

"It's sort of like, you know..? Protecting the peace?" She drunkenly said. She then smiled. "I might meet a wonderful gentleman on bodyguard duty."

Izuku wasn't able to not be nervous around her.

Her name is Vanessa Enoteca, she is a booze-loving witch who was expelled from a distinguished family..... at least that's what Finral had told him.

Luck suddenly started shaking back and fourth.