nine - family issues r so fun lol

Start from the beginning

She notices me looking at her eating and gets embarrassed. "Want some?" She asks wiping her mouth.

I shake my head and look outside the window.
"Tell me something I don't know about you yet." I say.

She clears the food in her mouth and swallows it down. "Um I have an unhealthy obsession with chocolate." She says, grabbing her milkshake and taking a sip. "Like literally it's an unhealthy obsession."

"Tell me something else."

"My parents are divorced." She says, looking down at her lap. I can tell by the look on her face and her leg shaking, she didn't take the divorce well.

"Can you tell me why they divorced if you're willing?" I say.

"My dad cheated while my mom was pregnant with me. He also cheated when he went on a trip to another state for a job. Mom left him. You can say I took it harder than my other siblings did. At least my mom says. Uh six years later, my father decides he finally wants to be a parent and files for sole custody just because Mom asked for more child support money. Uh it's complicated." She says after she realized she said too much. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say all that." She says.

"It's fine. You're fathers an asshole." I say, hoping she doesn't take me calling her father an asshole to offense. Instead she gives me the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face. "Thank You." She says, which makes me smile a little bit too.

"For what?" I ask. "For calling my Father an asshole." She replies with a smile and a tear dropping from her left eye.

I look at the time and it's about three in the morning. "Come on I gotta take you home." I say, turning the car on.

She nods her head and looks out the window.

-

(Cassandra's POV)

"Come on I gotta take you home." He says while he turns on the car.

I nod and look out the window.

I can't believe I told Aaron about my parents. Maggie is the only person to know the real reason my parents are divorced. I've always told people my dad died. Simply because I don't need people asking what my parents did.

It gets annoying after awhile. If people think you're dad is dead, they say their condolences and leave you alone. At least the people who don't really know you at all.

I appreciate Aaron. His reaction was the reaction I've secretly wanted from everyone. Cheaters are assholes. Maggie said maybe my father had a reason he cheated. She even implied that my mother cheated first. Or gained a little weight. Or maybe she wasn't treating him right.

Which was obviously bullshit. If you cheated because a woman was gaining a little weight, it is not their fault. Men get praised for gaining a little weight, but women get judged.

"I'm sorry." I say in a low voice. He doesn't say anything. Nor does he look my way.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. We don't say anything. We don't look at each other. I look outside the window as he looks towards the road.

We're about 10 minutes away from my house.

"You don't have to be sorry." I hear him say, which catches me off-guard.

"What?" I say, as my face turns towards him.

"You don't have to apologize for rambling on about your parents divorce. I get it." he says.

I don't say anything back.

We finally arrive to my house. He's parked outside. I'm still in his car. I haven't gotten off yet. We sit in silence. I'm glad Aaron hasn't said anything to me. I feel like the minute I step out of this truck I face reality. I have to keep this 'thing' going on for two weeks. I have to still continue to be friends with Maggie. I have to continue this 'relationship' with Jackson.