"What do you mean?" she tempted her head, not exactly understanding what is surprising about the situation and her plans.

"Well, normally one wouldn't think a princess would want to get married to a disabled man prince or not, then you decide to stay even after knowing the situation of things,"

"Nothing is surprising about me staying, first I was going to send letters to my brother to convince my father to renounce my marriage but of course, that was a mere fantasy, my father cares so little about me," she frowned and looked down and continued weeding.

"Your father is biological right? Why wouldn't he? The duke of Hasten is said to be one of the most tolerant men in all of Kaley, he is soft with his family." she rolled her eyes, dropping the hoe and walking towards him.

She sat on a wooden bench allocated for resting, "just because he doesn't hit us doesn't mean he is a good person, he is soft but nonchalant about things almost to the point that the duchess is the ruler and he is the co-ruler," she sighed and turned away.

"It sucks, my maid and I often get to the short end of the stick, the Duchess isn't as fun as she plays herself to be,"

"I haven't met her, so I can never say if she is fun or someone unpleasant." she frowned

"She is, you can take my words on that one."

"Then why did you deny it when I accused her of setting you up to fail?" she rolled her eyes.

"I didn't know you, Aaron I have heard so many horrible things about me and I was terrified, I didn't know what to expect,"

"So you know me now?" she glanced at him, then looked down, accessing the question. She met him very few times, the only thing she could say about him, was as he talked in parables. He was very masculine and if not for his disability she would have believed that he trained all his life as a Kaley soldier.

"Not exactly, but at least I know you are not trying to kill me in my sleep," she shifted as the air shifted, her poor attempt of a joke didn't make the situation better.

"Well you have all your life to get to know me, you can take your time," he said and started Wheeling himself out of the garden, though slow he was very steady, as he moved away she wondered why he never countered her notion of him killing her in her sleep, the way he had stared at her for a while made her shiver even under the scorching sun.

* * * *
Two days later.

"Do you know how to knit princess?" he asked as he opened a small locker, he pulled out a box and she stared curiously at the box.

"The duchess thought me a little about knitting and embroidery, I didn't pay much attention to it," he smiled and wheeled himself back to the balcony of his office where she had moved his weak office chair too.

"Why did you not learn, knitting is a very good skill, most women love it," he pulled a key from his table and unlocked the box, he brought many types of wool, wooden knitting pins, some big brown buttons, "well I couldn't enjoy because again my stepmother is the biggest bitch of all time, while her daughter, Beatrice is also as spiteful as her, maybe even more. For me I wondered what I did wrong, why they would treat me like the crump of the ground we asked from the result of a love affair between my father and mother," she sighed and collected yarn of wool.

"There is nothing I do here all day, we can talk as much as you want and enjoy the scenery," she smiled at him, collected the knitting pin from him, and started unweaving the wool.

"Thank you sire, aside from Nancy and Benedict nobody pays attention, it's annoying sometimes,"

"What of your elder brothers? Are they like your mother?" she shook her head, "no, they are more like my father, they don't care. The first prefecture prince, Asher is never in the duke's manor, it is rumored that he has a secret lover he meets in the forest after sunset," she smiled softly.