1.2 Chapter 2: Drama Makes Me Happy

Drama Makes Me Happy

Mr. Food Reserve's arms were solid and powerful. Looking up from Ji Qing's viewpoint, you can see his graceful jaw and also his delicate and lengthy eyelashes. The man lowered his head, pitch-black eyes reflected Ji Qing's stunned face. His eyelashes were still covered with thin snow. At this time, when he looked at Ji Qing, there was an illusion of tenderness.

In response to this, Ji Qing slapped Mr. Food Reserve's handsome face. He jumped from the man's arms aggressively, and then pounced on the other party like a little cannonball, pressing him to the ground. Pilipala, seriously beating the other viciously.

(onom. to crackle and rattle / to pitter-patter)

Mr. Food Reserve tenaciously used his special ability to resist the baptism of Ji Qing's storm-like little fist.

(howling wind and torrential rain (idiom) / (fig.) difficult, dangerous situation)

Using strength to abuse Mr. Food Reserve, Ji Qing's face did not change color.

(calm, not bothered/turning red)

Ji Qing, who then punched the ice cube, sat on Mr. Food Reserve's lap somewhat bored-ly. He looked up at the lead-gray sky, and then gazed around. The scene was full of deathly stillness, which was not at all the same as the retirement life he had fantasized about countless times.

No delicious foods, no comfy and big beds, no brilliant games, no anything at all. Idle is really idle, he practically turned into a salted fish.

At this moment, the system suddenly said: "Da Lao, there are a lot of humans approaching here, there are ten ability users. They seem to be looking for a person named Song Xici, Song Xici is their captain."

Ji Qing looked down at the man lying on the ground, the other party was undisturbed-ly and calmly lying on the ground. The skin was ghastly white like a cold ice, the long eyelashes were covered with a layer of thin and soft snow, his eyes were serene and deep as well as chilly. And when he looked at Ji Qing, there was not a single fluctuation in his eyes.

With an extraordinary ascetic and indifferent temperament, in addition, the characteristic and demeanor of a superior. Could he be that captain of the squad of ability users?

"What are you called ya?" Ji Qing deliberately softened his voice, his soft tone was like cotton candy.

"Song Xici."

For an instant, Ji Qing seemed to see a long-term meal ticket appear in front of him. Ji Qing revealed a well-behaved and cute smile, exert force to pull Song Xici up, then he said sweetly: "Ya, I'm called Ji Qing."

(fig. guarantee of financial support for the rest of one's life)

"Da—Da Lao, what are you going to do?" The system nibbled its claws in horror.

"I think the human base is more suitable for retirement ya. Why, you have an opinion?" Ji Qing said righteously and confidently. He thinks that the large beds and amusing people at the human base could definitely please the lone, bitter and lonely self.

(in the right and self-confident (idiom); bold and confident with justice on one's side / to have the courage of one's convictions / just and forceful)

Song Xici was a little confused about Ji Qing's sudden change of attitude at this moment. He concealed this bewilderment under a calm demeanor, with a little sense of inquiry, carefully examining Ji Qing.