Chapter Seventeen

Unity Day Part Two - Chapter Seventeen (THG SPOILERSk)

Bellamy pulled back and smiled down at me.

"I'm going to get you a drink." He murmured before taking off.

I nodded and watched him walk down the hill, he disappeared into the crowd of dancing teenagers. I peered over to the gate where I saw Finn escape earlier. Screw it. I didn't know what Finn was doing, but I intended to find out. Leaving the thought of Bellamy I quickly made it down the hill and looked over my shoulder.

Bellamy was no where to be seen, he probably had gone off looking for cups or something. I moved faster, the crutches burning into my arms. Stopping at the gate I looked around to make sure no one saw me leave, I pushed open the wooden door and let myself out.

Bellamy had said he had guards under control. He was wrong, if he did I wouldn't be able to be sneaking out right now. I felt a little angry at myself for just ditching him like that. After he told me that this kiss did mean something to him I forgot what he did to me after we found Raven's ship. I cringed as that thought brought back memories of me calling him a selfish dick.

I kept walking into the forest, the noise from the camp became more distant. The air was bitter and jack frost was nibbling at my fingers and cheeks. I stopped when I saw a shadow a head of me, he swiftly moved in and out through the trees. My heart rate picked up and the little voice in the back of my head told me to run, I did something a little different.

Because I couldn't run I turned myself around. But of course the end of my crutch had to land on a stick, a loud snap filled the air. I froze in my spot and shut my eyes, waiting for the arrow of the Grounder to pierce my heart.

"Blithe?" The voice was warm.

I turned around, my heart rate slowed when I saw Finn coming my way. I shot him a glance up in down, something was different. Finn watched me carefully, trying to figure out what I was doing probably.

"My hair." He pointed up at his head, he was right his hair was shorter.

I licked my lips and nodded slowly. Finn kept his eyes on me as the awkward silence filled the air. I breathed the cool air in and looked up at the moon, trying to figure out how I get myself in these situations.

"Right, Raven cut it for you a couple of weeks ago. It's nice." I complimented his haircut looking back at him.

"Thanks." Finn gave me a short smile, "Blithe, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Were you following me?"

I looked sheepishly at the ground before answering. "Yeah. What are you doing out here anyways?"

"I'm going to make peace." Finn states with confidence, showing me the knife that was stabbed in his side a week ago.

"You're going to get yourself killed." I tell him with uncertainty.

"Come with me, maybe then I won't die." Finn smirked, I rolled my eyes and followed him deeper into the forest.

It wasn't a long walk, the dark woods were starting to scare me though. We had crossed the river, the boundary, but I knew where we were heading. Finn knew who to talk to, the Grounder we tortured that had 'ran away'. It was obvious how the Grounder had gotten out, Octavia, but everybody was too blind to see it even her own brother.

Finn put a hand out in front telling me to stop. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up to see the most interesting thing ever. The Grounder had some how gotten Octavia to wear the same puppy loving pair of eyes.