Chapter Three

Earth Skills Part One - Chapter Three

We ran from the river. I was falling behind and so was Clarke, we needed to go back, Jasper needed us, we can't just abandon him. I tripped over a large root and fell onto my face, I winced and brushed the dirt off of my forehead and got back up, blood was on my hands.

I ran after Finn and Clarke, they were so far up ahead, I could only see the back of their jackets. I called out for them to wait but they just kept running. I tripped over another stick trying to chase after them, loosing my balance I twisted my foot and tumbled down a hill. I felt sticks scrape at my face and bare hands as I rolled. I lay on my back, gazing up at the sky. A loud agonizing scream lifted through the air, causing birds the fly from their trees. Jasper is alive.

Groaning I got up from where I was laying and looked up at the hill I just fell from. It was steep, how the hell did I survive that and still be standing? I knew I would brake something trying to climb up that hill, frowning I scanned the are around me trying to find the river. Nothing but trees and green moss. I glanced at my cut up hands, it looked like I was in a sword battle with a mini figurine and I was losing. I wiped the blood coming from my nose and walked around the hill, I needed to keep sight of something.

I don't know how long I have been walking for but my feet were begging me to stop. I sat down on a stump, I looked over the area, nothing looked familiar to yesterday. I swallowed and looked around some more, the smell of smoke filled my nostrils. I shot up from where I was sitting and followed the smell. It burned my lungs, trying to breath the smoke in so deeply. I needed to know where it was coming from because the person who lit that fire could be the same person that took Jasper.

I crept up into a bunch of trees, I peered out to see people walking about in a small village. I gasped, Clarke was right. But they didn't look like our people, they had tattoos, armor, the men all had long beards. I breathed heavily and turned around, I needed to get out of here. I needed to tell everyone back at camp.

I quickly ran back form the way I came from, I sprinted a full speed even though my feet were killing me. My head was throbbing, I still had that darn headache. I slowed down into a jog trying to catch my breath, I leaned against a large mossy tree and looked around. I had lost the hill.

A stick broke.

My veins pumped with adrenaline, I looked wearily around. I slowly made my way from the tree and squinted my eyes, trying to see farther. Something moved to my left. I jumped onto my feet and took off into a sprint, not caring where I headed. I ran so fast I forgot that there was roots all over the forest floor, I toppled over an fell onto my hands and knees, someone was behind me. A large force smashed down onto the side of my skull, knocking me out cold.

Third Person View

"Where's the food?" Bellamy let go of his sister and looked over the group that just came back from their mission.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Finn said, sitting on a log with a concerned face.

Finns eyes flickered over everyone, something was missing. He stood up and looked over everyone, Jasper was gone. That the only problem, everything's okay, Finn convinced himself. Monty, Clarke and Octavia were out of breath from all that running they just did, their hearts still pounded in their chest hard.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy demanded, catching everyone's attention.

"We were attacked." Clarke said, her chest rising up and down, she noticed too that something was missing.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells asked, he was out of breath too from fights Murphy, his blood boiled at the sound of his name.

"Not what, who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder." Finn says filling everyone in as if it was story time.