Chapter One

Pilot Part One - Chapter One

A loud siren went off in the skybox. I frowned, getting up from my seated position on the hard cell bed. The door opened, creating a 'pfft' sound. Two guards entered the room with a small box in one of their hands. I gulped, shaking my head, I walked backwards farther into my containment cell.

"No! I have another month until my birthday!" I yelled at them, I watched the guard with the electric stick come closer.

One of the guards opened the small black box, revealing six silver chunky wristbands. The guard took out one of them, opening it. Four small spikes that almost looked like needles were sticking out from the inside of the wristband, I gulped as he stepped forward.

"Give me your hand." He commanded.

"No!" I screamed and punched the closet guard in the face, knocking him out cold.

The other guard looked mildly surprised, dropping the wrist band on the floor. Taking that as my chance I bolted out of the cell and ran into the hall, everyone around me was leaving their cells. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. What was going on? Why was everyone of us leaving? I grasped at the railing that was keeping me from plunging a hundred feet below.

I heard the zip of the electric stick, I gasped and turned around to see the guard I had knocked out before with a already forming black eye walk towards me. The other guard was behind him, still holding that scary wristband.

Someone ran down the hall, catching my attention. I turned my head around to see a woman with dirty blonde hair running my way, yelling at them to stop. The guard shut off his electric stick and stepped aside to let the mysterious woman through.

She ran into me, giving me a large hug, she was crying. I pulled away, confused as ever. The lady swallowed and gazed me up and down. I frowned and grabbed at my ponytail.

"Blithe, you're so big, and so beautiful." She awed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are," I said shakily, the guards were making me nervous.

"I'm your mother, Blithe, I am your mother," She whispered into my ear with a whimper, she hugged me again.

"W-what?" I squeaked, trying to remain strong.

"Your sister will be on that ship, her name is Clarke. Now be careful, and don't take off that wristband," She said in a hushed voice.

"Ship? What sh-"

A sudden pain ebbed into my left wrist. I pulled away from my newly found mother and brought up my wrist to analyze what just happened. I gasped and tugged on the cold wristband but it didn't budge, I remembered that there were needles in the wristband, now probably in my skin.

I took a step back and gave her a terrified look. My back hit a solid chest, a guard. I jumped away from him but he pulled me back and a cold clasp went around my wrists, I was in handcuffs.

"How can I know you're not lying?" I hissed at her, she was distracting me the whole time.

"Because I've already told Clarke the truth." She gave me a weak smile, then looked up at the guard holding me. "Now."

I gasped at the sudden pain on the side of my head. I groaned and felt my body lose all feeling, I feel to the ground. My eyes started to droop, I was loosing consciousness. Blackness swarmed around me.

"Prisoners of the Ark hear me now." A familiar voice came through my thought waking me up. "You've been given a second chance."