Chapter Two

Pilot Part Two - Chapter Two

We took off away from camp. The six of us marching through the woods, marching together towards Mount Weather. Clarke and Octavia were at the back while Space Walker, Goggles and his friend walked beside me. I turned around to see that they were having a heated conversation, frowning I kept walking, not wanting to start a cat fight.

"So is it true?" Space Walker had begun walking beside me, his head was watching the ground to make sure he wasn't tripping on any roots.

"What do you mean Space Walker?" I asked him, using his nickname because I didn't know his real one.

"That you killed your own father?"

I stopped in my tracks then turned to him. Cocking my head to the side I gave him a frown, didn't he realize I was not in the mood to be punctured in the same pestering wound over and over again? "He wasn't my father."

"Why did you do it?" He looked up at me, his eyes shining against the sunlight that filtered through the thick canopy of trees.

I thought for a moment, "Listen, Space Walker, you don't know anything about me."

"Sheesh," He chuckled and raised his hands, but when he saw my reaction he dropped it. "I'm Finn."

With a roll of my eye's, I trudged away from him, muttering under my breath, "Bye Finn."

We have been walking for hours now, the sun was slowly setting, and Clarke was at the front. I was in the back with Jasper and Monty, we had been talking for a while now and they are actually pretty funny. Who would've guessed the most nerdiest guys in camp were actually silliest kind of people. My eyes scanned a grass wall that was formed up ahead, I watched Finn pick up one of the purple flowers and place it in Octavia's hair.

"That is how you get the girl." I whispered to both of them, they smiled smugly.

"Here." Jasper nudged my shoulder, in his hand was the purple flower that was scattered around us. I glanced at it closely; poison sumac.

Smiling I took it from him and threw it up in the air, watching it slowly fall back to the ground. "Thank you, but I'm not that kind of girl."

"Good, because that is poison sumac." Monty says, his voice loud enough to catch Octavia's attention.

"What?" She shrieks and rings her hands through her hair to pull the flower from her ear.

"The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually." Monty adds as he shoves one in his mouth, I crinkle my nose in digust.

"His family grows all the farmisudicals on the Ark." Jasper explains to us.

There was a silence. I continued my walk passed OCtavia's discarded flower, crumpled into the soft moss on the ground. I breathed in the air; clear and fresh and cold. It woke me up, and a subtle smile made its way onto my face. Jasper chuckled at my happiness.

"Hey guys can you try to keep up?" Clarke calls out with annoyance.

"Come on Clarke, how do you block this all out?" Finn asks, mentioning to the purple flowers and the ferns around us.

"Well, it's simple. I wonder, why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe it's because there are none, maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us." Clarke replies.

I swear I could hear everyone groan. I kept my thoughts to myself, agreeing with Clarke. She was right, they should've seen something by now. I thought wildly back to the classes she had before getting arrested. There was a plenty of animals that deemed to fit this territory surrounding them.