Chapter 13- Secret Tells And Magic Spells

Comenzar desde el principio

    At that, the blonde boy began to twirl in the snow. He didn't really understand why he was. Maybe it had been too long since winter, and he just wanted to enjoy himself. That was enough, wasn't it?

    Whilst this happened, Lucy was attempting to remove the snow from the book. As soon as she blew the flakes, the pages flicked swiftly, and she stopped them.

     A loud thud echoed.

     The snow was gone, and James' head snapped to his younger sister. What had she done? Why has everything changed?

  Softly, to herself, Lucy began to recite a spell. One that had intrigued her.

  "An infallible spell to make you she, the beauty you've always wanted to be."

     It seemed the girl was overwhelmed with the results on the page, but without a moments thought, James marched over. His large, scarred hand covered the mirror-like part, distracting her.

  "You don't need this, Lou." He promised. "Beauty is a facade."

     She seemed to be lost for a moment after that, and the book began to flip once again. James' ears pricked, and he let his fingers slam down a page. Still, Lucy's attention didn't waver from her mind.

    The paper seemed to be decorated a duck-egg blue, with ornamental designs which must've taken an age to complete. The writing was cursive, like that of a teachers, but this time legible. James was immersed within it, before he even knew what it was about.

    A Spell To Remove Blemishes

     James was taken aback.

     It was no secret that he hadn't felt himself without all of his scars. When he was England, he'd felt as if a part of himself had been lost. However, one thing lingered in his mind. Something influential.

     Caspian had never seen him without his scars.
    Would the King love him more without them?James didn't doubt it. He should've, but he didn't.

    Then, the words fell from his lips. It was easy, silky, like a prayer.

     "Say these words, the letters smooth, and see them cover every bruise."

    Before he was fully aware of what was happening, James saw his reflected on the page, sort of muddled like it was in water. His skin was familiar there. Smooth. Odd.

    Would Caspian like it?

    He ripped the page as Lucy walked closer. She didn't need to know. Not yet. No one needed to know. It wasn't anything important, anyway.

  "Lou." James greeted to avoid suspicion. As far as he was aware, it had worked.

     What was he doing?

    The pair spent a short while searching for the spell the creatures had sent them in for. James had almost completely forgotten about it.

  "A spell to make the unseen seem!" Lucy exclaimed as they opened the next page. She grinned widely, knowing their time in the house was coming to an end. They'd get to see family and friends again. Finally.  Then, she began. "Like the P in psychology, the h is psychiatry, invisible ink and the truth in theology."