Chapter Thirty-Seven: Keefe

Start from the beginning

"We're down to one, and this is the one we don't know fully about," Bronte continued, gesturing to Adrien.

Oralie put a comforting hand on Adrien's back, and Keefe kept staring at them, like they were daring him to figure something out.

"And it looks like they've already started," Dex said, pointing to a security camera he'd hacked into during the conversation. Keefe could see ice crawling around the streets, and Marinette controlling the storm blowing into the city.

"It looks like they're targeting the humans right now," Dex said.

"Then we need to act fast," Bronte declared.

"What we need is to psych them out a little," Mr. Forkle corrected. "Make them think they're winning, and we'll end them when the time is right. We need a little time to regain our strength after the losses we've suffered."

And Keefe needed to figure out why Adrien and Oralie were driving him nuts.

Keefe kept staring at a family photo of himself and his parents.

What is your plan with Marinette and Isabela? he thought. Why is this Lila girl in your group, when humans are saying they've known her, and Marinette and the Madrigals are the only ones aware of elves? What other powers did you give me?

His eyes flitted back to Cassius.

And why am I always staring at Daddy of the Year... like...

Keefe sat up straighter as the pieces clicked.

"Adrien!" he called out. "ADRIEN!"

"Yeah?"

Keefe jumped, noticing cat ears peeking down from the window as he slid into the room and de-transformed.

Keefe took a deep breath.

"I know who your parents are," he said.

"Wait, what?" Adrien took a step back. "Do... I wanna know who they are?"

Keefe took another deep breath.

"My dad and Oralie," he quickly explained.

Adrien's eyes widened.

"Then that means..." he gasped.

"It's the only explanation for why you, me, and Sophie are all feeling connections," Keefe said. "Don't you get it? You're the link between me and Sophie. Between the moonlark and stellarlune."

Both boys kept staring at each other.

"And between the Black Swan and the Neverseen," Keefe finished.

Both boys stared at the unconscious Sophie, her skin pale and cold, as if she was dead.

Adrien was her half brother. He was Keefe's half brother.

The missing link.

That must've been why both the Black Swan and the Neverseen wanted him.

He would be valuable to Lady Gisela and Mr. Forkle.

It all made sense.

"GUYS! GUYS!"

Keefe saw Biana rush in.

"IT'S MR. FORKLE!" she cried. "HE'S FINALLY GONNA EXPLAIN STUFF!"

"What?" Keefe gasped. "You sure it's the Forkster?"

"Yes, I'm sure!" Biana said. "Come on!"

All three of them ran over to the common area of the treehouses, where Mr. Forkle, the hooded Glimmer, Master Fu, and the teens were. All the elves were super excited.