Chapter Fifteen: Sophie

Sophie had never seen a power like the one she'd last remembered seeing.

Within seconds, an entire building had turned black, broken to pieces, and fell down on all the Neverseen members.

But Sophie herself was the only one out of their team having escaped.

She thought she was dead.

Until...

"Hello? Moonlark?"

Sophie felt her eyes slowly peel open to a blinding light, and when it focused, she thought she saw Keefe for a second.

But she had seen Keefe escape.

And she didn't remember Keefe in black.

As the colors finally made it into place, she made out a boy around her age, with messy blond hair, sparkling emerald-peridot eyes, and a concerned expression. He wore a black leather suit, covering every inch of his skin from the neck down, a bell on his neck, with a silver baton on his back, a black mask across his face, and on his head were... cat ears?

"Are you okay?" he asked, holding out his hand. Sophie hesitated, but she gently took it.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you hadn't escaped with the others, and then I just used the Cataclysm and I swear I thought I killed you," he said.

But Sophie kept staring into the boy's eyes, like she should be knowing this strange kid in a catsuit.

"And then I found you moving so I knew you had to be alive," the boy continued. "Anyways, I'm Adrien. Adrien Agreste. And you?"

Sophie blinked a couple times. She recognized the name. She'd seen it somewhere.

She looked up and saw a large billboard with an ad for some perfume, the name "Adrien" plastered across, with a similar looking boy on it, only he was in all white, and the hair looked a little different.

Sophie turned back to Adrien's eyes.

Neither of them said anything, but Sophie could feel a glimmer of a connection with this Adrien Agreste, like both of them had something between them. She remembered feeling the same thing when she'd arrived and had run into him... and Keefe.

"And you are..." Adrien finally said.

"Oh, yeah," Sophie tugged out a couple loose lashes, and Adrien stared in confusion for a second. "I'm Sophie."

"Pleased to meet you, Sophie," Adrien gave a playful bow.

But Sophie swore she saw something about Adrien, and remembered something Fitz said that made her stomach churn.

Fitz had felt something when he first saw her as well.

No.

Adrien Agreste was just human.

Just a human in a cat costume who managed to destroy a whole building in one blow...

That's when they both heard a beeping. Sophie looked down at the black ring Adrien was wearing, with a neon green paw on it. One of the toes blinked off.

"That basically means I have a few minutes before transforming back," Adrien quickly explained. "Come on, we have to get out of here. I'm sure Marinette's finding some place to hide until we can make a new move."

"Who's--" Sophie began before Adrien gripped her tightly and clicked on his baton, and they both rose into the air, landing on the roof of a nearby building. They kept on for a while until they finally landed in the middle of the group.