Chapter Ten: Adrien

"Adrien! You should've been there yesterday! It was the 60th time Mr. Pigeon got akumatized!" Alya exclaimed, shoving the footage of the battle she'd taken on her phone into Adrien's face.

Adrien let out a small nervous laugh. Little did Alya know, he was actually in that battle. As Cat Noir.

"Yeah, well... my father, like usual, locked me in my room again," he lied, and luckily, Alya believed it. He could use that story in just about every situation where he had been Cat Noir and no one would question it. After all, he had just been added to the public school system shortly after getting his Miraculous. Granted, no one knew about the Miraculous thing, but that was how he liked to think about being in the public school system.

"Well, it was super cool," Alya said. "Ladybug's Lucky Charm bracelet thing, I so want it! That puch she gave, it nearly broke Mr. Pigeon's cheek! Good thing it broke the akuma though. But still, it was like some kind of sucker punch she have him!"

Adrien kept listening as Alya kept talking about the fight. He did remember Ladybug giving a sick punch when she put the strange cuff on. Granted, they still had zero idea what the cuff was, the power packed in it showed that whoever had made the original version of the cuff must've been a powerful engineer.

That's when he looked past Alya and saw Marinette and Keefe...

Only the slight blush on their cheeks was unmistakable.

Adrien let out a small chuckle as he saw Marinette nervously rocking back and forth as he talked to Keefe, who was shyly tearing a hand through his hair.

Those two seemed like that one couple that were cute together but were too shy to admit their feelings to each other.

"Adrien!"

Adrien turned to see Chloe strutting up to him.

Great.

"Uh... hey," he said, trying to be polite. After all, he and Chloe were childhood friends...

"You should've seen the punch Ladybug gave Mr. Pigeon!" Chloe said, beginning to fangirl over Ladybug again. "I want that cuff so badly so I can just get rid of people who try and bore me and waste my time!"

Adrien rolled his eyes, but his brain couldn't help but listen to the buzz of people chatting, only it seemed a little louder than normal.

"Alright, class!" Mrs. Bustier clapped her hands. "Time to settle down!"

And everyone did eventually get in their seats, Adrien expected the class to start quieting down as class began.

Only he could still hear a buzz of chatter.

So why wasn't anyone speaking up about it?

Keefe's just a friend. He's just a friend. Besides, you're in love with Adrien. Not Keefe. Marinette, you're not in love with Keefe!

Adrien wrinkled his nose.

Even Marinette knew not to talk that loudly.

Wait a second...

Ever so stealthily, Adrien pulled out his phone, the light reflecting off and showing Marinette staring at the front of the room.

Keefe is just a friend who hung out with you yesterday.

Adrien paled.

Marinette hadn't physically said a single word.

Adrien blinked a couple times, slowly turning to several students.