Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem

Start from the beginning

Y/n didn't notice he was even awake until he suddenly asked if she could levitate him. Jumping slightly from surprise, which Dick apologized for scaring her, Y/n explained Wingardium Leviosa couldn't be used on a person, but rather the things about a person like their clothes. But Dick insisted she should try considering she was using her own magic and things could be different.

So, Y/n tried. . . and ended up accidentally yeeting Dick out the window.

It was so worth it, in Dick's opinion.

— — — — — — — — —

Y/n had found that some things she could do with her magic came more naturally to her. Naturally using accio without having to say anything other than the slight movement of her finger, not even glowing (color) this time. She noted that when she didn't have to put as much effort, there was less of a (color) glow, sometimes even none.

So she used that to her advantage. If her fingertips were glowing (color) brightly, she still needed to practice it until it dimmed, hopefully until it was no longer there. She even made a small portal, seeing the familiar face of Dean who jumped back in surprise, causing his pie to fly from the plate in his hand and land on his head.

"Oops, sorry Dean."

"...Kid? Is there something wrong?" Dean asked, confused and slightly worried.

"Oh! No, I was just practicing my magic. Speaking of..." Y/n flicked her fingers and Dean's pie was restored and placed on his plate, causing Dean to smile brightly.

"Thanks kid."

"No problem! Tell Sam I said hi!" The portal slowly closed and Y/n smiled, looking at her fingertips, the glow slowly fading.

Determined, Y/n practiced as much as she could until she fell asleep resting on the couch, waking up later with a blanket on top of her from Alfred.

— — — — — — — —b —

Seeing as Y/n was in a very mischievous mood and wanted to prank her family (she already warned Dick, she had already scared him earlier that day, she decided that he should be spared). 

Arithmancy, which was close to what muggle terms were (muggles had their own arithmancy), was the topic Y/n chose. It was close to math and numbers but for wizards and witches, they looked closer to find the magical properties of the numbers. It could also be used to predict the future.

So, book and papers in hand (Y/n kind of missed using quills, but preferred pencils) she made her way to Bruce. . . who made an excuse of having paperwork to do because he just couldn't rap his head around those numbers. He could clearly do it the muggle way, but magical properties? How did that relate?? How did x multiply 3 when there's a lunar eclipse???

Tim tried his best. He really did. He cleared his table, brought out tons of papers and wrote everything down. Theories that were no where close to the actual answer, but Y/n enjoyed watching him try. She explained some Arithmancy laws to him, which he wrote down because some of them conflicted with muggle ones. 

But in the end, even he couldn't "help" her and she sighed, causing his heart to feel heavy. What kind of brother was he if he couldn't help her!?

Y/n went to Alfred, but seeing the glint in his eye, she could already tell Alfred knew what was going on. Of course he did, it was Alfred. Nevertheless, Alfred showed Y/n how to do it the muggle way and Y/n ended up learning something in the end. 

But still, the magical proportion of it was still left unanswered. 

Jason didn't bother answering and just said he was bad at math and wished her luck. 

Damian, well, he understood Y/n better than the rest of the family and knew he wouldn't be able to answer her, so he told her to find someone who actually knew what they were doing. 

Which led to her using the fireplace during dinnertime. Dick stayed collected and didn't make any indication he knew something was up. He was the perfect prank partner. 

The fireplace roared and Bruce suddenly had a heart attack as Y/n stuck her head in, the green flames encasing her face entirely. He half suspected she would have a major face burn, but then remembered green flames was a magic thing. 

The rest of the family however... 

Damian full on panicked, rushing to pull her head out of the flames. Jason quickly splashed his cup of water on her face when she was pulled out. And Tim was frozen in shock. Alfred, though figuring out it was a prank, still had a quick heart attack like Bruce. Magic was something they had to get used to.

Y/n laughed, quickly using a spell to dry herself as Dick pulled her into a hug and laughed as well. 

When the 3 brothers finally realized it was a prank, Dick quickly held on to Y/n and sprinted with her, the angered shouts from their brothers following from behind them.

"Y/N! DICK! WHAT THE H3LL!" 

"Y-YOU- - COME BACK HERE!" 

"UKHT! GR- DICK! STOP!"

"Quick! Go, go go! Dick run!" Y/n laughed as Dick carried her, running through the manor. Bruce sighed as leaned back into his chair, smiling with Alfred. Things were much happier with Y/n around.

Alfred silently supports Y/n in her lessons since he can't help her in that area. He makes sure he gives her nutritious meals for energy, snacks, and reminds her to take breaks.

Signed, 
Skyalent