twenty-four

Zoya stood in a full length mirror looking at herself. She smoothed out her formal and traditional red Vietnamese gown that was lightly tailored to be unique to her. Her usual spiky hair was softly done in a low updo with a few pieces hanging out to frame her face.

She put on red lipstick that was the exact shade of her dress, finishing off her makeup. She had on black winged liner that had a thin line of red bordering it on the bottom.

She had already done Hermione's hair and makeup, and now her friend was just pacing the room.

"Are you nervous?"

"I'm a bit nervous to dance. Merlin knows what Fred is going to do. But if you mean to be there in general, no." She said, "You will be fine, Hermione. Viktor is a great guy and if he turns out to be a dick I have no issue socking him in the face." She kindly said, "But I doubt that will happen."

"Are you sure you're alright with me going with him?"

Zoya turned to her, "Stop with that! If I really had an issue, I would have let you know."

From floors below the two, Lorelei was in her dorm struggling to even get her hair done. No amount of magic could help her case. Formal hair and makeup was not her specialty. Her other dorm mates were in other rooms with their friends, leaving Lorelei alone.

Her dorm room swung open, and Sayaka came waltzing in in only a robe with her hair and makeup done, "What are you doing in here?" Lorelei asked.

"Serina said I could borrow her necklace." She replied, going to her dorm mate's dresser and picking up the necklace that was lying there.

She then turned to Lorelei, "Having issues?"

"No."

Sayaka sighed and walked to her, "Let me do it."

"If you mess me up..."

"Relax, Malfoy. I'm not that horrible."

She knew she had no other options, so she let Sayaka do her hair. It didn't take long, and she ended up with her hair in a soft half up half down updo. Sayaka put Lorelei's hair in waves, and went to work on her makeup.

She did a soft purple eye look that a dust of gold glitter. Her lips were a soft nude, which perfectly balanced out her eye makeup. When Lorelei looked at herself in the mirror, she was pleasantly surprised.

"This coordinates oddly well with my dress..."

"I saw you bringing it up here a few days ago." Sayaka replied, "Need any more help?"

"No." Lorelei replied. Sayaka walked to the door when Lorelei turned to her, "Thank you."

Sayaka gave her a small nod and walked out of the room. Lorelei stood up and changed into her dress. She put on a pair of heels that were the highest she ever wore with a silly hope that it would make Cedric see her better.

She took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror. Her dress had a soft purple top with a champagne colored bottom that had sheer purple tule over it, which was embroidered with flowers. It was completely the opposite from her usual dark clothing, and she knew it would most likely cause a fit with her parents when they figured out that she decided not to wear the dress her mother sent.

Lorelei took a deep breath in the mirror, and then walked out of her dorm. When she walked down the steps, she was surprised to see her brother still there.

"Draco?"

He turned to her, eyes widening, "That's not what mother sent you."

"Didn't want to wear it. What are you still doing here?"

Her eyes travelled to his bowtie, that was in knots. She sighed and walked to him, undoing it and tying it back.

"Thank you." He quietly said.

"Where's Parkinson?"

She heard a small sigh from him, "Waiting somewhere with her friends."

"Might want to get a move on." Lorelei said, walking to the door.

Draco grabbed his coat and walked up to her, "I'll walk you there, seeing that you don't have a date." He said with a light mocking tone.

"Did someone put you up to this?"

He sighed, "No, Lorelei."

Draco held out his arm and raised his brows, and she reluctantly took it. The two walked out of the Slytherin common room and made their way to the carriages that would take them to the Great Hall.

She saw Pansy with her group of friends and Lorelei removed her hand from him, "Go on." She said. She looked at her brother, who looked strangely nervous, "Draco?"

He snapped out of thought, "Yeah, right." He said, walking to her.

Lorelei sighed as couples passed her, going to the carriages. She smoothed out her dress and took a deep breath.

This was either going to be one of the best or worst nights of her life.