thirty-seven

All was revealed.

Once again, the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher was not who everyone thought.

It was Barty Crouch Junior. He was taking Polyjuice Potion, and had locked the real Mad-Eye away.

But the only ones who were around for that reveal was Harry and the professors.

Now, everyone was gathered in the Great Hall the day after in low spirits and no sign of Lorelei Malfoy.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort, not Lorelei Malfoy. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this as they believe she was the one who did it. But to believe this and not tell you all I think would be an insult to his memory. Miss Malfoy cared for him dearly, and fought alongside Harry Potter fiercely. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

Augustus sat at the very end of the Slytherin table alone. He had not touched his food, nor had he slept. He glanced at Sayaka, who looked just as tired as he did.

From the Gryffindor table, Zoya had her head resting on Fred's shoulder sadly. She held his hand tightly, as did he.

The end of the year approached fast. Everyone was cheering on the last day, the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students were all departing.

Augustus was up against a wall watching everyone cheer with a frown. Harry walked up to him, "Lorelei is innocent."

"I know she is." Augustus said, "But now... Merlin knows where she is."

"We'll find her."

He sighed and looked around, "Yeah, sure you will." He mumbled, walking away from Harry.

After the students began to clear out, Harry met up with Zoya, Ron, and Hermione.

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked.

"No." Zoya replied quietly.

"No I don't think so." Harry added.

Hermione looked at the three sadly, "Everything's going to change now isn't it?"

Zoya nodded, "Yes."

She hugged Harry, Ron, and Zoya, "Promise you'll write this summer. All of you."

"Well I won't. You know I won't!" Ron exclaimed, "But I imagine I won't have to write to you..." Ron said, looking at Zoya.

Hermione turned to Zoya and Harry, "You both will, won't you?"

"Yeah. Every week." He said.

Zoya smiled at her, "Every day."