CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Start from the beginning

I'll be gone by the time you wake up. Forget I existed, be happy and free Olivia Swan.

Eternally yours.'

He didn't even sign his name she noted to herself.

She closes her eyes, steadying herself with her hands on the dresser. "He wouldn't leave me. He wouldn't leave me. He wouldn't leave me." She tries to convince herself.

She hurriedly limps to her bedside where her phone lays charging and calls the person who promised this number would always be available for her. Edward.

Within seconds the call ends.

'This Number Has Been Disconnected-'

Olivia's hands begin to shake as she stares down at the phone. A nervous habit she had picked up on was fiddling with her necklace. Yet when her hand shakily reach for it she found that nothing was there.

Her eyes clouded with tears. She could no longer help herself.

She screamed.

Charlie was sitting in the chair downstairs watching TV when he heard her scream. He jumped in fright. He didnt even know she was home. Bella had told him last night that she was coming home late with Jasper, he didn't question it due to her always being out late with the blonde.

This morning he had to go to work earlier than the girls had to go to school so he didn't see either of them. He noticed Bella looked off when she got home and questioned her but being her normal self she brushed it off and said she was going with Edward but didn't specify where. She had also said Olivia was already at the Cullen's with Jasper.

He knew something was wrong. He should've trusted his gut.

Now here he is sprinting up the stairs faster then he had ever moved before and slamming Olivia's door open. Nearly breaking it from its hinges.

The first thing he notices is his first born daughter balled up on the floor sobbing.

He drops to his knees and checks her over for any urgent injuries, unsure of what was wrong.

He gasps as he sees her head. "Olivia, what the hell happened?!"

She starts shaking her head, ignoring the loud pounding in her head.

"Olivia, god damn it! Tell me right now!" He demands, tears coming to his eyes at the state of his daughter.

He pulls her into his lap as she stays in a ball just hysterically crying. "They're gone daddy." She croaks.

"Who?" Charlie questions. "Who's gone."

"Jasper and Edward." She whispers after a few moments. Having calmed herself down to just hiccups.

She stares at the floor looking more dead than ever.

"What do you mean they're gone?" Charlie questions again more urgent. "Bella said she was going with Edward off somewhere over five hours ago!"

She looks up to him with the most innocent and teary eyes. "I don't know, daddy."

His heart clenches as he hears the name she called him every time she was upset all the way up until a little over a year and a half ago. He swears he see's her six year old self begging him not to go back with their mother all over again.

"It's going to be okay, Liv." He promises, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

A few hours later Olivia limps out of the house to join nearly half the town in her yard with a blanket covering her shoulders. Dark bags laid under her eyes and her hair was a mess. Bloodshot eyes scanned all of the people before she spotted her father and slowly makes her way through.

Everyone stares as she walks through. But she doesn't care. She was already going through hell both physically and mentally.

Charlie looks up from the map from beside both Billy Black and Harry Clearwater and noticed her limping her way towards the three.

Billy and Harry both share a look of worry at the state of the girl.

"Olivia."  Charlie sighs, worried over both girls. He was worried she'd think about offing herself again let alone not to mention her physical injuries she already had.

He had yet to get an explanation.

"Bella?" She questions with hope in her eyes. It dims as soon as Charlie shakes his head.

A part of her briefly wondered if Edward took her with him. But she also knew they left thinking they were protecting them. They wouldn't take her.

Harry puts a reassuring hand on Charlie's shoulder. "We'll find her, Charlie."

"Charlie!" Jacobs voice is heard, all four turn there heads and see Jacob pointing at a figure emerging from the woods.

Olivia almost immediately notices it's Sam Uley. The man that had taken her home when she failed to find Paul.

They all notice he's carrying Bella's small figure bridal style. Billy speaks up. "It's Sam Uley, he found her."

Charlie sprints towards the two and wraps his arms around Bella, lifting her from the man's arms. "Thank you Sam. Thank god." He mumbles into the girls hair.

He carries Bella to the house, holding her tightly in his arms.

Harry and Billy give Sam a nod of praise and gratitude but same backs away after giving Jacob a tense look.

Sam's about to leave but pauses when he sees Olivia staring at the ground deep in thought. Paul had practically begged to let him see her tonight but he denied, ordering him to search the woods more towards the treaty line.

He wasn't sure if Paul would be able to control himself around Olivia.

"Olivia?" Sam hesitantly calls.

She slightly looks up to meet his eyes and his own sadden as they meet her bloodshot eyes.

"Paul wanted to be here but..." he trails off not sure of where he was going.

She nods her head sending him a tight smile. "He's busy. I get it."

'More like he hates me.' She inwardly sighs.

Sam goes to leave but Olivia halts him. He watches as she cuddles with her fingers, now refusing to make eye contact. "T-tell him that I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt him."

He nods with a small smile taking his leave.