33: You Know Nothing

Start from the beginning

----------- -------------- ----------- ---------- ----------- ------------

Sanyu reached the battle quickly. He saw Bakugou standing over Midoriya, ready to hit him. In a flash Sanyu was between them, hauling Midoriya to his feet and shoving Bakugou off of him.

"What are you two doing?" He asked. The words sounded madder than Sanyu actually was, his tone was genuinely curious with a heavy dose of concern.

"I'm getting the answers I should have been given months ago!" Bakugou shouted. "Fucking Deku!".

"You know I couldn't tell you!" Midoriya shouted back.

"Because of you All Might is gone!" Bakugou screamed, his voice desperate and wet with tears. "Because of both of us we've fucked all of Japan!".

"Could you both take a deep breath and explain this to me?" Sanyu asked, trying to remember what Inue did with him. "Violence isn't a good way of resolving the issue.". Bakugou glared at him and all but snarled.

"Like you would understand!" He shouted, "You think you're some sort of adult just because of where you come from. Good for you, coming from a world where you're the most special thing they've ever fucking seen!".

Sanyu stilled at that. He couldn't believe what was coming out of Bakugou's mouth. "You're so confident in yourself too. Beating up third years, taking on All For One. You think you have any right to involve yourself in our world?!".

"Kacchan-" "Shut the fuck up Deku." The blond said, his tone callous and cold. "You're perfect, we get it. But you weren't born that way. You had all the help in the world, all those people helping you and putting you together. Your powers aren't even yours for fucks sake!".

"Being on the path to number one...you have no fucking idea how hard that is! What if feels like! How we feel right now, the pressure we're under-you could never fucking understand so stop pretending you do!" Katsuki shouted, tears welling in his eyes.

There was silence for a moment where Izuku was sure you'd need something tougher than a knife to cut the tension in the air.

There was silence...and then Sanyu punched Bakugou in the face.

He had never been one for senseless violence. He'd never even punched someone during training, never flicked someone for being annoying, never zapped people with his quirk if they harassed him.

But there was no mistaking the cracking sound as Sanyu's fist collided with Bakugou's face. His grey eyes were wide with only one clear emotion.

Anger.

They had managed to make Oyama angry. Honestly it would be hard not to with that whole speech.

"You think that's how I feel about being what I am?" Sanyu asked, gripping Bakugou's jaw tightly and holding his head close to him. His fingers left indents where they touched the blond haired teen's face. "You think that's how it feels to be the number one hero? Do you wanna know how it really feels?!".

"Being the number one hero feels like being taken away from everything you've ever known, having your head shaved like you're some sort of animal and being given live human beings as target practice!" He shouted, every bit of anger he had felt over the years building up inside him.

"It feels like being locked in a room until you can assemble and disassemble any gun they give you from memory." Sanyu spat out, "It feels like being thrown out of a fucking plane with a faulty parachute!".

Suddenly Sanyu's voice was low, filled with years of anger, sadness and trauma. "It feels like watching the girl you love most in the world telling you to kiss them before they die without having ever known romantic love, even though they don't love you that way." He practically sobbed, "And all because you weren't fucking good enough!". Tears had gathered in the dark haired teen's eyes and were dripping down his cheeks, but Sanyu didn't think to notice. He was deep into hysterics.