“Zelda,” Link pleaded, rubbing the bridge of his nose, “you know I have no problem coming down there to get you, right?”

“No, no,” Zelda hurriedly insisted, “I’ll be fine, just let Dusk know,”

“Zelda-” before he could say anything else she disconnected the call, leaving Link stunned. “I don’t believe her,” he muttered with a small laugh.

Link peeked around the corner, only to find both Twi and Dusk fast asleep on the couch. He tapped his phone against his chin, an idea forming. With a flick of his thumb he opened the Loftwing app and made his way towards the entry hall, easily requesting a car to get him to Lurelin while he slipped on his shoes. He grabbed a light jacket from its spot on a hook and stepped out the door, taking care to close it quietly behind him.

Whatever in Hyrule possessed Zelda to go all the way out to Lurelin was beyond Link, but there wasn’t a chance he was going to just leave here there. He could tell she’d tried to cover it up, but she was upset, extremely upset. It was a tense few minutes as he paced along the sidewalk, waiting for his driver to arrive. Every few seconds he checked his phone, only feeling the slightest bit of relief when a pair of headlights stopped at the driveway.

The driver didn’t say anything as Link quickly clambered in. He turned long enough for Link to swipe his card on a scanner before returning his eyes to the road and driving off. Link preferred the silence, and anyways his mind was too jumbled to feel up for a conversation. He sighed and leaned his head against the cool window, gazing at the landscape flying by, hoping and praying that Zelda was safe and avoiding trouble.

For most of the ride he was left to his thoughts. Nearly an hour and a half, fear and doubt edged his mind as the scenery slowly changed to those of warmer climates. It all passed painfully slow, fingers drumming nonstop against his leg. He only perked up when they passed the first sign signaling their arrival into the Lurelin area. A quick glance at his phone told him the time was only a half-hour to midnight and still no other word from Zelda. Link carefully searched the empty streets for her as they came to the small fishing village, his teeth digging into his lip nervously.

“Could you just drop me off up there?” he asked the driver, pointing to a street lamp that shone over a street parallel to the large wharf.

The driver nodded and remained as silent as ever, pulling the vehicle to the side of the road. The two exchanged nods and Link thanked him before stepping out, his foot barely touching the sidewalk before the car sped off again.

“Wow,” he grumbled, pulling out his phone and tapping the icon next to Zelda’s name.

He leaned against the streetlamp and listened to the ringing, heart still pounding as he waited for her to pick up.

“Hello?”

Link nearly laughed out of relief, “Zelda!” he pushed himself from the lamp and started off down the sidewalk, kicking at the loose rubble, “Where exactly in Lurelin are you?”

“I don’t know. It’s a pretty small place after all, so the main part I suppose,” she gave a half-hearted chuckle, “Lurelin is perfectly safe if that’s what you’re worried about.”

Link hummed in agreement, turning to look out over the water as he walked. His eyes swept over the boats bobbing gently in the silver water, and the moonlight dancing over the shimmering waves. He looked out over the wharf, stopping dead in his tracks when he spotted a small figure. 

“Goddesses, I’m so lucky,” he muttered in disbelief when he saw the moon reflect from the person’s long blond hair blowing gently in the wind.

“What was that?” Zelda asked