The mirror beside him reflected his disdainful expression. He hid that look from Dream when he spoke of Jade but with just himself and the mirror, he let it live. Let all his bitter thoughts come to life. Turned on himself he blamed too many personal appearance attributes as the reason for not being chosen once more when in reality it was his baby sleeping a foot away. Because even if Dream chose him over the perfect features of Jade, he still had Ashlyn. Ashlyn and responsibility. Ashlyn and parenting. It wasn't what Dream wanted no matter how much George wished it to be true. He sighed and looked away from the mirror.

After laying out an outfit on the bed, hot steam trickled out of the open bathroom door. George made a reckless little decision. Leaving Ashlyn tucked in Dream's bed, he snuck his way over and leaned onto the doorframe.

Dream caught a glimpse of him and flinched, immediately tightening his towel around his waist. George wasn't bothered because all he could admit was how much of a work of art Dream was. Chiseled in some parts and soft in others. Curved with tight biceps and firm shoulders. The outline of abs were there but Dream's inconsistent diet kept them from being obnoxious. George liked it that way, it showed the gentle side of his friend.

He laughed when Dream checked his towel was secure, "calm down. I've seen it before, a few times actually."

Watching Dream flush was so entertaining George laughed again, moving further into the heated bathroom. It was large for an en suite. The bathtub was separated from the shower, and if that didn't tell you enough it had two sinks. George took the liberty of hopping up on the counter and looking at Dream level in the eyes. The other man scoffed and reached for his shaving cream.

"So now your making jokes about our past... sexual encounters?"

"Sexual encounters," George mused humorously. "That's a fancy way of saying I begged you to rail me in your bedroom."

Dream couldn't get much redder for George worried he'd explode. He spread shaving cream over his cheeks and covered the rosy tint with foamy white. George poked his chest, and just to be a menace, poked right below his navel. It caused Dream to nick the edge of his jawline with the razor.

"You're in a mood."

George scoffed and hooked his ankle around Dream's waist to pull him forward. While he was flustered into confusion George snatched the shaving razor from him. Dream looked lost when he was pulled further between the older's legs. The expression only deepened as George brought the shaver back over his ex-lover's cheek.

"I'm not." The words were slowly articulated and dragged out while he shaved the small amount of stubble Dream had. George personally liked the bit of gruff on the other but when they were last together he'd caught Jade complaining about it.

Dream leaned his hands on both sides of George's legs when the latter rinsed off the utensil.

He shrugged and said, "Just think it's funny how we danced around each other for so long. Acted like what we were doing didn't mean anything."

That stilled Dream immensely and George knew he made a mistake saying it. He dragged the shaver over the sharp edge of Dream's jawline and avoided eye contact. Holding the other's neck with his right hand he could feel Dream's elated pulse.

"Did it mean something?" The other whispered into the steamed bathroom. George felt his heart ache and his stomach churn, because yes it did... to him at least.

"Guess not," he huffed and tried to cover the truth. "I know you didn't- I wasn't... I know it wasn't a big deal to you."

Dream pulled his wrist to stop his ministrations, "but it was to you?"