Chapter forty three: Paparazzi and mama bear

I woke up in the morning with a terrible headache. I haven't slept all night, thinking about the fact that the whole world knows that my dad is in prison now.

We need to go to set to keep filming some stuff and then we're going to go back home. Robbie and Lizzie's lawyer should be here by this evening to make the adoption official.

I tried to focus on that part of the day instead of everything that's going on, but so far no luck.

Olivia started to stir awake beside me, she let out a soft groan and cuddled close to me. "Mmm good morning baby" she mumbled

"Good morning my love"

"Did you sleep?" "Yeah a little bit"

"A little bit?" "Insomnia and stuff you know..." I tried to shrug it away

"I'm sorry baby, how about I make you breakfast to make you feel a little better?" I smiled at her, "I would love to, but do we have time?"

"No not really, you're right" she realized, "Let me help you than"

"Fine, but wait" she stopped me before I could get up, "What?"

"Give me a kiss first" she smiled sweetly while closing her eyes waiting for me to kiss her. I rolled my eyes playfully at her goofiness and kissed her nose, she opened her eyes and pouted. I giggled before kissing up her neck and finally her lip.

She hummed against my lips and I pulled away, I gave a few more quick pecks before booping her nose and pulling her to the bathroom.

When we finished getting ready we got down the stairs, "Good morning love birds" Lizzie greeted

"Good morning Liz, oh you made breakfast already"

"Yeah, I woke up early so I thought I could make something, and besides today is a very special day to me"

I smiled before hugging her close, "And for me"

"I can't believe you're actually going to be my daughter"

"Me either" I smiled at her

Olivia smiled at us and let out a small gasp, "Does it mean you're going to be my future mother in law?" Lizzie giggled and scrunched her nose, "I guess I am"

She hit my arm playfully, "Ouch"

"You two are talking about marriage and didn't think about telling me?"

"Well mama, you know now, and besides we're not rushing, we have all the time in the world and we're still young, right baby?"

"Yeah..." I frowned at the sudden sad tone, did I say something wrong?

"You okay my love?"

"Yeah, I'm fine um... i'm gonna go get my bag" she took a piece of the waffles, "Thanks Liz" she said before rushing upstairs.

"What just happened?"

"I have no idea"

...

We all walked out of the house and got to Lizzie's car. We drove in comfortable silence but I could sense the change of mood in Olivia. I slid my hand up and down her thighs to get her attention and she looked at me.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked softly, "Nothing, i'm fine princess really" "Baby, you look sad don't tell me you're fine, talk to me"

"It's nothing baby really" she looked down for a second before looking me in the eyes.

"How... long are we waiting for like... marriage stuff?"

"I don't know my love, I am 21 you're 22, we're young, we have time"