"So Nick teaches you human class and he teaches... Mirror?" Camilla asked, while she always made an effort to try and listen to what Luz was talking about, but Luz would often unload a lot of information at once so Camilla didn't always catch everything the first time round.

"Illusions." I corrected and Camilla thanked me as Luz continued to ramble excitedly.

"Him and Lilith also train me and Amity." Luz added.
"I'm still struggling a bit with my bat but I'm getting there."

"You're being trained to fight?" Camilla asked, concern clear in her voice, though Luz didn't seem to pick up on it.
"I thought you were just learning magic, not training to be fighters."

Me and Eda glanced at each other as we picked up on the worry in Camilla's voice. Unfortunately, Luz was too caught up in her own little world and was blissfully unaware of her mother's concern.

"Well Belos will probably still want the key, so he might send Zoe or someone else after it." Luz began as I internally cringed at the fact Luz was definitely not easing her mother's worries. "And Amity's parents might try and come get her again so we need to be able to defend ourselves."

"I see." Was all Camilla said as she shuffled uncomfortably her as mind was most likely filled with doubt.

"Anywho." Eda interrupted as she attempted to change the subject before Camilla grew to fearful of Luz being in the demon realm.
"You said you wanted to show Amity around this place a bit more right?"

"Uh yeah." Luz said, a little thrown off at the quick change of subject.
"We'll be back a little later okay Mami?"

"Of course amor." Camilla said, clearly still mulling over what Luz had revealed to her. "Have a good time."

Me and Eda shot each other look of concern as I left the house with Luz.

Eda pov

Camilla sighed heavily as her daughter closed the door behind her, no longer keeping up her happy façade.
"Are you okay?" I asked the woman who was rubbing her temple in an attempt to clear her mind.

"You promised she would be safe." Camilla said with a clear annoyance.

"I said I would keep her safe." I corrected.
"The demon realm is a dangerous place."

"Yes but there's a difference between their just being dangerous stuff in your realm and my 14 year old daughter being an enemy of a tyrant who will his army after her and that key!" Camilla said, raising her voice as her worry for her daughter finally boiled over.

"I know it's not perfect." I said but was quickly interrupted.

"Not perfect!" Camilla yelled as he concern grew to anger.
"Give me one good reason I shouldn't take that key from her and never let her go back to that horrid world again!"

I paused for a moment, Camilla's fear was obviously justified, in the few months that Luz had been in bonesborough, she'd certainly been through the ringer. However, despite it all, Luz had remained cheery and full of life. "Because she's happy." I said as Camilla became silent at my words.
"She loves her life in the boiling isles. She loves learning magic. She loves her friends. She loves getting to lead the fantasy life she always dreamed. Do you really want to take that away from her?"

Camilla sighed heavily as she collapsed onto the chair next to me and placed a comforting arm around her.
"Of course I don't." Camilla admitted.
"I just want my baby girl to be alright."

"She's not just a kid anymore though." I point out.
"Luz is incredibly skilled and she loves learning as much as she can about magic."

"I know." Camilla says.
"And I'm glad she's finally happy. I just wish I'd been a good enough mother to make her happy."