2-year anniversary

Levi's POV
I was so excited. It was December 11th, 2021. It's been exactly 2 years since Melissa and I went on our first date, and when we became official. I knew she was going through a lot, and I wanted to make her life much more relaxing and pleasant. I woke up at 6 in the morning, which I rarely did. I walked into Jake's room. "Hey, Jake. It's time for school, bud." Right after I said that the alarm on his iPhone went off. He turned it off tiredly and stared at me. "Tired?" I asked. He nodded slowly, closing his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. "Me too. But let's make this a stress-free day for your mom, alright?" I said. I sighed. "You never give us any trouble anyways." I yawned. "We don't gotta leave until like 715 if you wanna drive. Or do you wanna get there quickly?" "I wanna drive there." "Mmkay, get ready. I'll leave it up to you and I'll be back in 10." I yawned again and walked out. I walked into the kitchen. She went to bed at like 10 or 11, so she'd probably be up in an hour or 2. I used my telekinesis to get out all of the stuff needed for the pancake mix. Should I make waffles or pancakes? Waffles. I opened the cabinet with a wave of my hand. The waffle maker floated towards the round dining table. 5 minutes later, Jake came out of his bedroom in a blue polo and khakis. "What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?" I asked laughing. "Um...khakis." He said laughing as he walked to the cabinet. "Ah, ah, ah. Fuck that cereal." I said loudly. "Oh, shit." I said. Melissa probably heard me. "What's the special occasion? What's with the tuxedo?"Jake asked. I started mixing milk, butter, and eggs into a bowl with the pancake mix. I plugged in the waffle maker. "My second anniversary with your mom." I poured the mix into the waffle maker. "Two years? That's crazy! But, you two are adorable together." "Aww, thanks, Jake." I smiled. His approval of our relationship was all I needed. I knew it sucked sometimes to be so used to your parent being single, only to bring someone new into your life. I was glad he liked me because I liked him too. 10 minutes later, I had a stack of three waffles for Jake. "Thanks, Levi. These taste so fucking good." He closed his eyes as he took another bite. I laughed. "Glad you like them. Should I add blueberries? Or chocolate chips?" "Definitely chocolate chips! She'll like those the best!" "Thanks, Jake. I'll make some more once I drop you off. I just don't want them to be too cold. She might sleep in until like 10 or 11 today." "She'll love them. She's lucky to have you." "Thanks, Jake. I'm even luckier to have her." "Have you ever thought of being a chef?" I shook my head. "No." "You should try it." "Good advice." I said as he grabbed his backpack and put his plate in the sink. He put his shoes on, as I did. We walked out the door. "Which car? Mine or your mom's?" "Yours!" "Truck over Porsche?" I asked. "I like variety." He replied. We hopped in, and I turned on the radio. "Do you mind the country station?" He shook his head. After 5 minutes, we pulled into the driveway. "Have a good day." "Thanks, you too." He said. He turned around and pretended to make out with himself. I rolled my eyes and shoved him on his shoulder once he turned back around. "What your mother and I do is none of your business." I said laughing. "Bye!" He said, jumping out and walking into the school. I pulled forward after making sure he was in the building. I drove back home, singing Marshall tucker. I pulled into my driveway. I decided I would wake up in another hour or two. She went to bed at 10:30 and needed 10 hours of sleep, so she should be up by 730. But she wakes up a lot throughout the night. I decided I would go back to sleep and wake back up at 830. As I walked into the house, Melissa stumbled out of our room into the bathroom. "Levi? Hey. Did you take Jake to school for me?" I nodded. "I thought I'd surprise you by letting you sleep in." "Aww, thank you, babe." I smiled. "Oh, George! You're amazing. What would I ever do without you?" "I don't even know." I said, laughing. I kissed her on the cheek a she kept walking. She shut the door. I put the waffle stuff away in the kitchen before heading into the bedroom. I put my pajamas back on and slipped into the warm bed. I was gonna stay up later, but everything I had planned was already perfected. I was getting a smoothie from the tropical smoothie cafe delivered at 1230, in case she woke up pretty late. I have flowers on their way, and food reservations made. Melissa walked into the bedroom. "Levi?" "Yeah?" "I'm gonna go to the manor for a few minutes. Just visit ace and Titus, and Alfred, who will probably be up. Just letting you know. I'll be 10 minutes at the most." "That's fine. Tell Alfie I said hi." "Will do." She yawned.