My Best Friend the Child

Mulai dari awal

"So what are my best friend's plans for today?" He asked.

"I have volunteer work at the hospital today." I replied as I place these perfect pancakes onto a serving dish. I put more batter onto the wide pan.

"That's so boring," he whined.

"You don't have to go," I said.

"We must be together at all times," he groaned." And would you stop fondling your belly button."

I had a weird habit of taking my hand under my shirt and playing with my belly button. Only did I ever do it when I was genuinely bored. In this case, I was bored listening to Harry go on about his plan.

"You know, if you actually came with me, you would have a good time," I assured.

Before he could reply, the ring of the doorbell echoed through the house.

"I'll get it. Make sure these don't burn." I said, pointing to the pancakes.

Shuffling my feet to the door like a child, I made my way to the door and unlocked it.

"Louis!" I yelled as he stepped inside and I jumped into his arms." I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, love," he said into my hair as he spun me around. He set me slowly onto my feet and released me.

"Tommy!" I said, looking past Louis and to the lawn out front where his two year old son was rolling around in the grass.

I ran over to him and picked up the little bundle of joy who had a mouth full of leaves. I made him spit out the leaves before carrying him inside.

"Tomlinson, why on Earth would you let your son get dirty on the lawn?"

"So you would change him. He made a bomb in the car earlier." He handed me a baby bag and I rolled my eyes.

"Your son, you change him." I handed him Tommy and directed them towards to bathroom.

Louis got married three years ago. He married a Wonder Woman name Grace who unfortunately died in a car crash over a year ago. It was so tragic that Louis was left broken. However, I believe having baby Tommy really brought him back. The little bundle of joy looks just like her.

He huffed but went to the bathroom anyway. I walked over to the kitchen again and saw Harry putting the last batch of pancakes on the serving dish.

He grabbed the dish and started walking outside to the terrace. I grabbed some plates and forks from the cupboard before following behind him.

"So what are you going to eat?" He joked, moving the pancakes in front of him.

"You're not funny." I sang, going back inside go grab the syrup bottles. Try chocolate chip pancakes with Hershey's chocolate syrup. It will become an addiction.

Fuck, of course.

"Harry, could you come and help me get the chocolate syrup! I can't reach the damn thing!" I yelled from the cupboard.

Why put the chocolate syrup so far away from the only person who will give it some love?

"Sometimes, I feel like you only use me for my height," he muttered.

"Don't think I keep you around for your looks," I joked and he sent me daggers that last two seconds.

He bent down in front of me so I could place each of my thighs on his shoulders.

Yes, he is my ladder.

He slowly stood up and I was able to reach the chocolate syrup.

"Alright, my child is no longer a walking back of dog shit," Louis joked as he came backing the kitchen. He stopped as he saw me on Harry's shoulders.