07 | 𝔄𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫, 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫, 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

07 | 𝔄𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫, 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫, 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 -
OCTOBER 4TH, 1989

     HIS ears drew out the conversation, rolling his eyes out of agony as the topic switched to something else. Everyone's voice became background noise as they began raving about Maxwell's party.

Everyone was expecting the unexpected. Personally, for Lucas, excitement for the event wasn't the word to describe how Lucas felt about it一 in actuality it was the exact opposite.

Call it dread, apathy, or indifference, but Lucas wasn't looking forward to this party.

Without notifying Lucas of his plans, Maxwell thought it'd be a good idea to have the party at Lucas' place. He figured since it had more living room space, the pool, the gaming room and the basketball court, it'd be convenient to host the party where it's more livelier.

And considering Lucas' dad and his mistress were going to be out of town for the week and weren't gonna be back for another two weeks, Maxwell felt this was the perfect opportunity.

The funny part about all of this is that,according to hearsay, Lucas spent some of his parent's money to make the party legit.

He practically scoffed at the rumor.

The story was intriguing, reallyー it brought a dry chuckle to his lips. From an inward perspective it wasn't as entertaining as many perceived it to be.

And you might be thinking, "well he could always say no"

But saying no was a failed attempt at driving the idea out of his head. He knew if he kept telling him no, Maxwell would be persistent, and honestly, Lucas didn't have the energy to argue with him.

The thought was removed from his mind shortly after a sweet aroma of warm vanilla and mocha attracted his nose. Cobalt eyes had cut upward at whoever walked past. Not thinking much of it until he took a second look.

His eyes squinted a little, the carrot that was once held between his lips now planted back on the tray as he observed the familiar beauty stood in the lunch line.

Unable to see her front, he knew it was no other than Liberty.

He could discern her from the rest by the way she walked, her scent, and the fact that she doesnt ever wear her hair down. Her strut was casual. not overly powerful or overwhelming to the eye. Every step was subtle, but her presence was attractive. Her hips swayed naturally and her head was always held high.