A New Love

The alarm goes off early the next morning and Patrick wakes up and rolls over to stop the obnoxious ringing. He turns back over to Cassie and slightly nudges her trying to wake her up. "Wake up Cass" he says. She wakes up and yawns and stretches her arms out and sits up. "Good morning Patrick" she says rubbing her eyes. "I'll make breakfast if you want Cass" he says as he gets out of bed, picking his shirt up off the ground and putting it on. "Yeah sure that's fine" Cassie's responds as he tosses her shirt at her and walks out of the room. Cassie lays back down into the bed thinking about what happened the previous night and dozes off again for 20 minutes and wakes up to the smell of bacon. She gets up and puts her shirt on and walks out and sees Patrick with an apron on and cooking bacon, she chuckles and sits at the table as he brings a plate with a pancake with a smily face on it and some bacon, he sits next to her. She barely starts eating before he speaks, "Do you want to talk about last night?" He says looking at her as he shoves pancake into his mouth. "I'm not sure what to say about it Patrick, we love each other but you haven't asked me to be yours yet" she says laughing and teasing his failure to ask her to date him yet. "I was going to, then we got caught in the moment last night and I wanted to see how you felt before I pressured you anymore." He says as he stands up and carries his empty plate to the sink and sets it inside. "So will you be my girlfriend Cassie?" He asked looking at her scared she won't say yes. "Patrick after last night we discovered we truly love each other of course I want to be your girlfriend" she gets up and takes her plate to the sink and sets it inside and hugs him. "Now that we're official do we tell the team or keep it a secret?" She says as she turns to walk to the refrigerator. "Maybe we can tell Travis but I don't think the team needs to know now, let's give this time to work" he says as he turns the sink on and starts washing dishes. "I agree Pat we need to make sure we're happy before everybody gets in our business, Travis should know he's your best friend." She says as she starts walking to her room to grab her bag for practice that day. Patrick follows behind her and grabs the bag for her, "I'll put it in my truck we can take that to practice, if anybody ask we can just say your car wasn't working don't worry." He kisses her forehead and they go out to his truck, his bag is still in his truck, Cassie locks the door behind her and they get in the truck and Patrick drives them to Arrowhead Field.