Hospital (10)

Emilio refused to let Ash lay down.

"You're wearing the fucking seatbelt." Ash understand about five minutes later.

"You don't know how to drive?" He croaked. Emilio swerved and a car honked. He had narrowly avoided a collision that would kill them all. Ash laughed and Emilio slammed the wheel.

"Do you want me to get you to the hospital or not?" He snapped.

"I don't want you to kill us and cause an accident." Ash coughed. "You'll make the media wonder. What's a hero and villain doing in a car together. If they even find our bodies in the flaming wreckage."

"You want to drive then?"

"Not really."

"Then shut up." There was silence for a moment.

"So when we get to the hospital. Then what?"

"I drop you on the doorstep like we planned."

"Didn't you say you didn't want to do that?"

"Have any other ideas?" He turned a hard right and slowed.

"What about you? After we separate?" Emilio stayed silent. "Emilio?" No answer. "You good over there?"

"Yeah."

"What'll you do after this?"

"I'll go back to the city. There's a lot of unfinished business I have to take care of." Ash knew well what he meant. The silence returned and Ash looked out the window. Emilio was slowing, turning into the parking lot.

"We're there?"

"Yeah. You just want me to pull up to the overhang?"

"Yeah." Ash unbuckled the seatbelt and sighed. "So that's it then?" Emilio unlocked the doors.

"Yeah."