1

Lisa wasn't really one for coffee, it was too bitter for her taste. She usually had to add loads of sugar to be able to drink it but then that would just make her crash later so she really didn't see the point in it.

Today was different though. Tomorrow was her audition to Julliard. It was funny that she had moved to Korea from Thailand only to end up applying to a dance school in America but whatever. It was supposed to be one of the best and she actually had a chance at a full ride.

Hence her current apprehension. She needed to stay awake and practice the rest of the evening so that her audition was perfect tomorrow. Which meant nasty bitter coffee from the closest coffee shop to her practice studio.

At least the coffee shop was cute, it was small and intimate and lit up warmly. The curtains were drawn so it gave you a feeling of timelessness in there, like it could be any time of the day. Lisa kind of liked that.

She might have been squinting at the menu for a little too long because she heard a cute giggle that startled Lisa out of her thoughts. She looked up only for her eyes to meet the most beautiful girl she'd ever seen.

Lisa had only recently come to terms with her sexuality. She kind of hated she hadn't met this girl earlier when she was struggling with it because she was sure she would have known then and there that she wasn't all that straight. It would have saved her a lot of time and headaches debating whether she was sure she liked girls or not.

The girl raised an eyebrow at her when Lisa still didn't speak. Lisa felt herself blush because she had probably been gaping at the girl. How could she not though? She had beautiful cat-like eyes and these cute little squishy cheeks that Lisa didn't know whether she wanted to pinch, poke, or kiss. The last one, probably the last one. Yeah, definitely the last one she decided.

Shit. She was still staring. She cleared her throat.

"Hi, sorry. I was a little out of it." Lisa said sheepishly.

"I could tell." The girl said with a smile and a glint in her eyes. "What can I get you?"

"Umm." Lisa squinted at the menu in confusion. What the hell was even the difference between a latte and a cappuccino? What the hell was a macchiato? Americano? They weren't even in America. Espresso sounded a little fancy, maybe she should get that.

"Not much of a coffee drinker huh?" The girl said, noticing Lisa's internal confusion.

Lisa looked down a little embarrassed again.

"No, not really."

"That bad of a day huh?"

"Not really. Well a little I guess. I'm just a little stressed." Lisa said honestly.

"Oh?" The girl was already moving around behind the counter making a drink. "Why's that?"

Lisa didn't know if she was just being polite because it was part of her job but her interest in Lisa's life was making her heart flutter a bit.

"I have a really important audition tomorrow. It's probably going to decide the rest of my life so I really need to stay awake and finish preparing."

"Sounds serious," the girl said giving her a small smile.

"It kind of is," Lisa smiled back at her a little nervously.

"I don't think you should worry so much," the pretty girl said as she worked some milk machine that Lisa assumed frothed the milk.

"Why do you think that?" Lisa asked, geniuinely curious.

"I don't know. I just have a feeling. I get these feelings sometimes you know," the girl said seriously, "about people? I'm usually right."