6. Pop Of Color

By the time Jimin had finished sweeping through the theater for any remaining patrons and closed up the counter, Aspen was once more holding Seokjin's hand. They had managed to find a box of ear plugs in the closet (why those were at a theater escaped Aspen), and he had stuck them in his ears. Everything about Seokjin would obviously take some time to get used to. Aspen tried to keep this in mind. She had to treat this like a blind and deaf person was finally seeing and hearing for the first time. Jimin's eyes went to their joined hands when they eventually joined him.

"You two are the world's oddest couple," he said with a tsk and a shake of his head.

Aspen shot Jimin a look which caused the other to laugh. Aspen turned her head to look at Seokjin after. Luckily the ear plugs prevented him from hearing any of that. He continued to hold her hand tightly, but he didn't seem to be so scared by the colors surrounding him now. He had the notebook and pen clutched tightly in his other hand as Aspen slowly led him out to the entryway of the theater. When he entered the room with all the mirrors where Aspen had been taking her break, she felt him stop walking. She looked over as Seokjin pulled up short and froze.

'Shoot,' thought Aspen. 'I should have warned him.'

Jimin was following close behind them. It was obvious that he wasn't fully paying attention to where he was going as he almost collided with the backside of Seokjin due to his sudden stop.

"Yah! Why did you stop?"

Seokjin slipped his hand out of Aspen's for a moment as he wandered towards one of the mirrors. Aspen stood there, watching him go as Jimin moved to stand beside her.

"What's he doing?" asked Jimin as they watched Seokjin taking careful steps towards the mirror as if he were about to meet his maker.

"Looking at himself in color for the first time," muttered Aspen softly, but not softly enough since Jimin whipped his head around to look at her.

"You sound like a loony! Did you smack your head when Jungkook scared you?"

- - -

Seokjin trusted Aspen. He knew that it was odd to trust someone so quickly. He figured he did though because she seemed to be the most understanding of the three new people he had met so far. After all, she had discovered a way of communicating with him. She was also offering him a place to stay.

Yes, he trusted Aspen and the more he thought about it, the more he could come up with a small laundry list as to why.

After having placed the ear plugs in his ears that he'd been given, he relaxed again at the absence of sound. It was something that he was going to have to get used to. It was just too much for him to take in all at once. He needed to adjust to this new world he found himself in, in small doses. The more relevant thing for him to get used to was whatever this new stuff was in his surroundings since he needed to stop hiding in dark spaces. Aspen had called it color.

Color. Apparently his old life had been devoid of it.

He had held Aspen's hand again as he exited the closet, slowly turning his head to take in these said colors. There were some instances where the colors were the same, but there were also so many different ones at the same time. Seokjin couldn't help but to think they were beautiful. All the colors were. He knew that he would have to ask Aspen more about this when they had a second. For now he had to follow her.

He had only pulled up short when he entered the room made of mirrors. He had paused when he caught sight of his reflection in a mirror out of the corner of his eye, dropping Aspen's hand to walk towards it slowly.

He was used to looking at himself in the mirror when he got ready for his every day routine, but now it was different

He was used to looking at himself in the mirror when he got ready for his every day routine, but now it was different. He felt like his insides were starting to shake again as he took a deep breath. He looked the same except for the presence of this so called color. He leaned forward, allowing himself to take in his colored self for the first time. His hair was black like he was used to as was his suit. His skin was tinted a slightly different shade of white now though. The skin on his cheeks held a tint of color to them, as if the color in this world had given him a kiss in greeting. His eyes were even a different shade now. They were still dark, but there seemed to be some specks of colors in there sprinkled about like dust. His lips were what stood out to him the most though as they were the thing that seemed to have really changed. He didn't know what color they were, but they seemed to be a a similar yet richer shade than the color on his cheeks.

Color had changed him too. He had half expected it to hurt, but it hadn't. He blinked once or twice as he took it all in before turning to look at Aspen and Jimin. Those two were really full of color from head to toe. They were a whole melody of different colors that he had never seen before, but that all seemed to work together in harmony. It was obvious to Seokjin that they had been around color their whole life, and it wasn't a stranger to them. Maybe someday he would be the same.

- - -

AN: I don't own the picture used in this chapter.