Chapter 64

The chariots of royal family of matsya were running towards their kingdom from hastinapur. Vedangi was riding in Shvet's chariot, besides him as she was feeling claustrophobic. Vrushali's words still rang in her ears, Only a woman can keep the family tied together with her love. Every family has their own fights and differences in opinions, 'matbhed ho sakta hai, manbhed nahi hona chahiye' ( there can be differences in opinion, but there shouldn't be differences in heart) . And also while taking care of your family, don't forget to take care of yourself too. It won't seem right if I would interfere in the matter of your family, but remember, when you would need me, I would always be there. She haven't told Vrushali about anything that happened that evening, in guest chamber. But mother is a mother, Vrushali understood her daughter was very much disturbed and did every possible thing to make her feel better. That night, Vedangi slept snuggling in Vrushali's arms, feeling utmost safe and loved. Atlast, mother's embrace holds the power to heal our every pain, isn't it?

"Wait!" She said, breaking her own trance and asked to stop the chariot.  Shvet looked at her with raised eyebrows, "Look, our temple" she gestured towards the temple, where they used to meet. A smile broke on their faces, reminiscing their good old memories, the exchanged glances and got down from the chariot, asking others to carry on their journey. Vedangi almost ran towards the temple, her bodyguards and Shvet following her, but was amused as commoners parted, making way for her. "We are coming here for the first time in these attires" Shvet murmured in her ear, Vedangi rolled her eyes and climbed the stairs of the temple.

She struggeled to ring the huge bell,  but Shvet came from behind held her by waist and made her ring the bell. The priest and other commoners lowered their gazes, smiling. "What was the need to make me feel embarassed" Vedangi said glaring at Shvet. Shvet just smiled, held her by shoulder and walked towards the garbhagriha. Vedangi kneeled in front of the idol and tears made way through her eyes, this happens everytime I come to meet you, why sakha! She said to herself wiping her tears. Shvet too kneeled besides her, bowing in front of the idol,Thank you for clearing the misunderstandings between us Bhargavi's Sakha Ganesha, he said to himself. They touched feet of the priest and he blessed them with putravati bhava. They took the Prasad and decided to spend some more time in the temple.

"Sakhi!" A voice called from behind. Vedangi turned to see a young boy and a man standing behind them. The man was wearing clothes of a cowherd, there was a morpankh tied to his headgear , but was utmost handsome. The little boy was a little stout and his right tooth was broken, his eyes were shining like diamonds, their aura was divine, as if they weren't humans but Gods. A certain vibe pulled Vedangi towards them and tears coursed down her eyes again, as if her Sakha Ganesha had himself came to meet her. "Pranipat, my nephew told me you are his sakhi, so we came to meet you. But you are a royal, forgive my nephew Ekdant, he must be mistaken" the man who had wore clothes of cowherd said.

"It's okay, if your nephew is saying I am his sakhi, so he is my Sakha, right?" She said pulling the little boy's cheeks. She took a pedha from the Prasad and fed it to the little boy, who smiled in content, "May your all wishes get fulfilled" the little boy said, Vedangi giggled in admiration. I have just one wish now, I want to become a mother, she thought. "Don't worry your that wish is going to be fulfilled soon" the cowherd said. "Do you read minds?" Shvet asked, joining them. "Jamai ji, my mama knows everything" the little boy said. "Jamai ji?" Shvet asked him, "She is my Sakhi so you are our jamai, right mama?" He answered. Shvet chuckled and was about to give his golden bracelets to them both, but Vedangi stopped him.

Instead took the box of pedhas, and gave it to them both and bent down to touch the cowherd's feet. "Ayushyaman bhava, Putravati bhava" he blessed her. "Take this modak, it's very tasty" the little boy gave her two modaks wrapped in a cloth, she accepted it wholeheartedly. "And jamai ji, take this makhan. Take care of my bhanji" the cowherd handed an earthen bowl filled with makhan to Shvet. "Now we would take your leave" the duo turned around and walked towards the stairs, but Vedangi stopped them. She ran towards the little boy, kneeled in front of him touched his feet and hugged him. "Stay happy sakhi" he murmured and then vanished into the crowd.

"There was something divine about them. That's the reason you touched that little boy's feet and stopped me when I was giving them gold? " Shvet said, standing besides her. Vedangi just nodded, her gaze fixed on the modaks and makhan they have gave. "Come lets go home" Shvet held her hand and pulled her towards their chariots.
************************************
Shvet and Vedangi were sitting on the swing in their balcony, gazing at the city shining under moonlight. "Tell me, why were flowers made of gold showered on Radha pitamahi, during the naming ceremony?" Shvet asked, hugging her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder. "Because her son's son had a son. She became great grand-" before she could complete, she ran towards the washroom, covering her mouth with her palms. Shvet rushed behind her with tumbler of water.

"You okay?" He asked rubbing her back as she wiped her face, she just nodded in a yes. "We travelled during hot afternoon hours na, that's why" she leaned on the bed. "You were feeling nauseous while sitting in your palanquin too, should I call Raj vaidya?" He asked concerned, rocking her head, but she nodded in a no. "Just you stay besides me" she held his hand and laid on the bed. "I am not vaidya" he took her in his arms, kissed her forehead and kept rocking her head till she fell asleep.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Any guesses ,who were the mama bhanja?
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ✨.