Chapter 41

Vedangi layed on her bed, staring at the roof, but lost in her thoughts, her new life was going to start from tomorrow. Would she be an ideal wife, sister in law , daughter in law and most importantly a yuvrani? Would she be able to give shvet the love he deserves? On the other side, shvet was feeling nervous too, would he be a good husband to her? Would he be able to treat her equally? Would he be able to give everything she deserves?

Vedangi turned on her side, to notice that none of her mothers had slept, they were also churning in sleep, a smile crept on her face, how much they had loved , pampered and encouraged her, would she receive the same love and support from her martial home? Would shankh, uttar and uttara support her the same way, her brothers and lakshmana does? She sighed and closed her eyes forcefully, warning herself that she has to wake up early tomorrow and it's her big day tomorrow.

Shankh kept his hand in shvet's shoulder, who was continuously pacing nervously, his hands tied behind his back. " Relax jyeshth, it's your wedding not punishment " .
" You would realise the nervousness, when you get married " Shvet rolled his eyes making shankh burst into laughter. " Stop laughing shankh! Otherwise someone would think a ghost had entered my chamber " Shvet fake glared and stood near the window, feeling the cool breeze.

" Jyeshth, why are you standing there! Remember what mamishree told, not to stand near the window. " Shvet bit his tongue and returned back to the bed, " Sleep now tomorrow is your big day and from tomorrow I won't be besides you to trouble you " Shankh giggled, pulling blanket till his head and receiving a pillow on his head thrown by shvet.
***********************************
A female figure was continuously running from one chamber to another, seeing to it whether all works are done perfectly or not. " Tai, where are the bronze diyas? " Durva stopped her in between and asked.
" In the topmost drawer of God's room and yes! Ask supriya to do the pooja today " Vrushali answered and ran towards another room.

" Ladli! Meenu, come on wake up, it's 4

" Ladli! Meenu, come on wake up, it's 4.30 " She whispered in vedangi's eyes. Vedangi slowly opened her eyes and flashed a smile, to which vrushali reciprocated. " Come get ready, sinu would be with you, dress the best " She said and ran to welcome the raaj purohit.

Vedangi spread her arms and rubbed her burning eyes, she has barely slept last night, but was feeling extremely enthusiastic. She climbed down from her bed and went towards the window, suryadev had started to spread his rays early today, as if he himself was eager to witness his granddaughter's wedding. Vedangi grinned feeling the cool breeze, her eyes moved towards the groom's palace that was visible from her window.

There was same hustle bustle that was going on the bride's side, she tried to search for shvet, but he was nowhere to be seen. " Searching for jamai jai? " Smigdha's voice made vedangi jerk.
" You are going to be with him forever, just a wait of few hours " vrishasen's wife whispered in her ear again, making vedangi's cheeks turn crimson. " Come have bath, we have to start the rituala by 6.30 " She pulled vedangi to her bathing chamber and arranged three sets of dress and jewellery.
************************************
Vedangi sat in front of a huge mirror, snigdha adjusting the pleats of her saree and other dasis, adorning her with jewellery, rose powder and beetroot paste on her lips. " Vashu! Are you ready? " Durva screamed from the door, " Yes sasubai! " Snigdha answered and turned revealing vedangi.

" Just like vrushali tai " Durva muttered under her breath and smiled fondly

" Just like vrushali tai " Durva muttered under her breath and smiled fondly. " Gorgeous " She said caressing her face and applying kajal behind her ear " Come to the God's room, everyone is waiting for you " Lakshmana added from the door.

The raj purohit was chanting some mantras and karna along with vrushali was placing a supari and a coin on a betal leaf. Everyone's gaze shifted towards the door as " Hail rajkumaari meenakshi " Filled the atmosphere. A wide formed on angraj and angrani's lips at the sight of their daughter. " Come kumaari sit besides your parents, along with your sister " The raaj purohit told and vedangi settled between lakshmana and vrushali.

After karna was done placing the suparis, the purohit told to pray to their ancestors and ishta devta for the betterment and happy martial life of their daughter and son in law. Karna, vrushali, vedangi and lakshmana closed their eyes and prayed to their God with joined hands. " Ulpe ceremony is done, now you all can proceed to the hall for punyavachan " Raj purohit said and everyone nodded.
************************************
" Come hurry up, change into this maroon lehanga now " Snigdha hurried as vedangi entered her chamber once again, vedangi rolled her eyes, " Why I have to change these heavy dresses frequently " She whined. " Because vivaah toh ek hi baar hota hai, and we all want you to look prettiest " Snigdha cupped her face and vedangi hugged her. " Come, start getting ready fast " Maitreyi pulled them and made vedangi sit in front of the mirror.

( ignore her expressions) Their nimble fingers ran through her hair and making her wear the heavy jewellery

Their nimble fingers ran through her hair and making her wear the heavy jewellery. After almost half and hour, vedangi was ready for her punyavachan and gaurihar pujan. Maitreyi, snigdha and lakshmana escorted vedangi to the wedding Hall as karna and vrushali joined them.

The groom's family were already busy doing the punyvachan, maharaj virat was offering ghee in the yagya, shvet was sitting besides them, with his hands joined.

His eyes went wide as he saw his very soon to be wife, entering with all her glory. Shankh nudged her and he came back to his senses, earning a glare from sudeshna. Lakshmana and maitreyi chuckled seeing this, but snigdha gestured them to stop. Karna, vrushali, vedangi and lakshmana settled, as their close relatives gifted them sarees and jewellery. ( not as dowry or something, just close relatives gift the bride and groom's parents in my community) .

" Your rituals are now completed, you all may proceed to get ready for the wedding " The raj purohit from groom's side announced. Shvet felt his heart thumping, just almost an hour and his lady love would be his forever. His eyes darted towards vedangi, who was already stealing glances of him, secretly. A smile crept his lips, while she blushed, their cute moment was disturbed, when shankh pinched him, turning his attention back to sudeshna's angry glare.

Soft giggles were heard from the bride's side, but supriya made them all supress their Laughters. Vedangi turned her attention back towards the yagya and joined her hands, as her father kept on offering ghee in the holy fire, her mind replaying shvet's smile, adding a tint of pink to her cheeks.
************************************
My heart apologies, for keeping you all waiting. This part was to be published last Monday, as it was trayodashi itself, but as Instagram was low I cannot download the pictures and got busy in some other stuff. " Holds my ears *
Anyway, how's our meenu didi looking?
Well, do let me know, if you liked this chapter and the next chapter is definitely their wedding 💖.