Chapter 47

The slanting rays of surya dev spread across the the palace of matsya, making it shine. Vrushali, supriya, kartiki, maitreyi, vedangi and uttara sat on the stairs of the palace, applying oil on each other's hair. Starting from vrushali and ending on uttara chronologically. " Really maa! Sinu vahini is having cravings of eating betal leaves during pregnancy " Vedangi asked amused. Vrushali nodded controlling her laughter " And my poor vrish is having hard time taking her care " Supriya added.

" Bhabhi! Betal leaf! " Uttara teased vedangi about the betal leaf ritual after wedding, " Shhh! " Vedangi gestured her to keep quiet. " What? What betal leaf ? What are you both talking about? " Maitreyi asked. Before vedangi could say anything uttara said loudly, " Bhabhishree I was teasing her about the betal leaf ritual after her wedding " Vedangi slapped her own forehead and turned the other side to hide her embarrassment.
" Ooohhh! " Supriya and maitreyi teased vedangi together, making her face red with blush and embarrassment. Vrushali was seeing all this with huge grin, her mind going back to the times, when her daughter was a young kid.

" Tumhe toh mai baad mein dekh lungi " Vedangi whispered in uttara's ears making the latter laugh more. " Tai, what happened during that ritual.. Huh. Tell us to, we weren't present there na " Maitreyi said, with fake puppy eyes. " Bhabhi ! " Vedangi hit her arm playfully and everyone burst into giggles. " Mamishree, mata was looking for you " Shvet and shankh entered there, making all the ladies jerk, the bowl of oil in uttara's hand fell on the floor. Vedangi slapped her forehead and nodded negative, " Wait I will look if some dasi is there " She got up, but her leg slipped because of the oil and she was about to fall.

But..... Shvet held her by shoulders, preventing her from getting hurt. Her eyes shut tightly, due to fear and his orbs busy admiring her innocent face. All ladies along with Shankh looked amused, their mouth forming a 'o'.
Vedangi slowly opened her eyes, trying to figure out, why didn't she land on the floor, seeing herself in shvet's arms and everyone gazing at them amused, she immediately separated herself, glaring at shvet, who blushed.

" You both brother sister, won't leave a single opportunity to embarrass me in front on my family " She stomped her foot and walked away from there angrily, glaring at uttara and Shvet.
" What happened to her " Shvet asked everyone, confused. The ladies went away from there giggling, " Jamai ji, you are pretty romantic ha " Maitreyi said before leaving from there. " My poor innocent jyeshth " Shankh pulled his cheeks and dragged him along.
************************************
" Coming to matashree, she is strict but kind, uttara and uttara are just like ketu, prasen and dvi, always troubling, but without them my day would be monotonous. Shankh... You know he is like my constant supporter, he sometimes even saves me from scoldings " Vrushali was listening to her daughter's rantings.
" And your husband? " The sudden question made vedangi blush in deep shades of crimson and vedangi break into giggles.

Vedangi layed her head on vrushali's lap and the latter started caressing her tresses lovingly. " I hope you are taking care of yourselves too. " Vrushali said. " Maa, they all collectively take care of me, especially nath" Vedangi answered. " What? What did you call jamai ji? " Vrushali asked again. " Nath, exactly like how you call baba " Vedangi replied, " And he calls me swamini " . " Maa, you didn't enquire more about me " Vedangi said with a pout, vrushali giggled, " When a daughter gets married a mother can ask only one question to her, ' Is she happy ? ' and from your smile and happiness I can decipher that my ladli is happy " She kissed vedangi's forehead.

" Yes maa everything is very well, just..... " , " Senapati keechak! " Vrushali interrupted and vedangi nodded in a yes. " But maa, he is Nath's mamashree, making him my mama too. I can't think I'll of him, though I am going to stand his tortures, I can't think bad about him " Vedangi said. " Meenu, we shouldn't think bad about anyone nor harm anyone, but if he crosses his limits, do speak out to your mother - in - law and others, understood? " Vedangi nodded in a yes and snuggled more into vrushali's laps.

While the heart of a mother, was lost in care of her daughter. Though she knew her daughter won't tolerate injustice and shvet would also not let anyone harm her, but what if something happens to her? Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes darted towards her daughter who was sleeping peacefully on her laps. She mentally prayed to her God to keep her daughter always safe and away from problems.
************************************
" Take care of yourself ladli, come to anga soon " Supriya said as she cupped vedangi's face. Vedangi wiped a tear that escaped her eyes, " You all also take care of yourself " She replied hiding her tears. " Send me a letter, when sinu's vahini's due date would be near, only I have the right to name him / her, right? " Supriya and vrushali nodded, before ascending their Chariots.

Shvet held vedangi's shoulder as the royals of anga started their return journey, exchanging assuring nod with her.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Hope you liked reading it, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me 💖.