Chapter 20

The chamber of karna was filled with hustle and bustle, servants were decorating the palace, delicious aroma of food was spread everywhere, women were singing various songs, the giggles and laughter of kids echoed everywhere. The kings of various kingdoms, whom karna had won during his digvijay had also gathered to witness the wedding of angraj's sons.

It was the haldi ceremony, the brides and grooms were seated with woman surrounding them. The ladies were singing some kind of songs and applying turmeric on their bodies. Vedangi and lakshmana stood beside their brothers, teasing them. " Vadhu, just get some more turmeric from the Royal kitchen please " Supriya asked vedangi, she nodded in a yes and started walking towards the kitchen.

She was walking from the corridor, when someone suddenly closed her eyes from behind. The touch was neither of her brothers not any one of her family members, as they all were busy in the ceremony. For a moment she was shocked and confused too her hand went near her dagger near her waist. The person who had closed her eyes jerked , removed the hand from her eyes and moved a step backwards.

Vedangi immediately whirled around swiftly,anklets in her feet tinkled, her earrings touched her bit brown, little cheeks, her long straight brown tresses hit the arm of the person standing in front of her, some locks covered her face too. Her eyebrows were knotted, the later's eyes held confusion, still their eyes we're locked on each other. Vedangi gently tucked the locks that covered her face, behind her ear, her gaze fixed towards the ground, a tiny tint of crimson covering her cheeks.

" Erhh... I am so.... " Before the stranger could complete his sentence an angry voice echoed in the corridor.
" How dare you matsya yuvraj! " The princess of hastinapur shot angry glare at him and walked towards him.
" How dare you touch my sister, matsya yuvraj! " She exclaimed looking directly in his eyes. " Look rajkumaari... " He tried to speak something but was cut off, " Did you think that she is alone and you can trouble her? Never, okay! " Lakshmana added.

" Lakshi! What are you speaking, he is our guest, is this the way to talk to guests! " Vedangi glared at her. " But tai, what of something would have happened to you? " Lakshmana said with heavy eyes. " I know, self defence, right! I had my dagger! " Vedangi rolled her eyes. " I am sorry tai " She lowered her gaze, " Not me say sorry to him " Vedangi said pointing towards shvet. " I am sorry matsya yuvraj " Lakshmana apologised and shvet nodded in a yes.

" Good, now go and give this turmeric to supriya aai " Vedangi handed a bowl of turmeric to lakshmana, she turned and started walking towards the Hall. " Wait, kaurav nandini " Said the yuvraj of matsya with softness as well as determination in his voice.
" I don't intend to argue but, need to explain my side, my sister princess uttara, is also wearing yellow dhoti, same like your sister, I mistook her to be my sister and closed her eyes. I was going to apologize her, but before that you came " He explained with a subtle smile.

" It's..... It's okay " Lakshmana mumbled and went to the Hall. " Please forgive my sister, anger covers her too early, she didn't intend to insult you " Vedangi spoke with a gentle smile. " It's all okay rajkumaari" Shvet returned the smile. " I am not rajkumaari, I am a sutkanya, angraj's daughter " She replied. " Angraj's daughter " Shvet mumbled looking at her going towards the Hall.
---------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow was the wedding of vedangi's brothers, she was helping snigdha and maitreyi to keep their sarees and jewellery ready for morning. " All set " Maitreyi gasped and threw herself on the bed.
" Tomorrow is going to be such a big day for you both " Vedangi pinched their cheeks. Snigdha was lost in her own thoughts, she kept looking at the window with a pleasant smile. Vedangi winked at maitreyi, they both went behind her and tickled her on her waist.

" Leave me you trouble makers! " She exclaimed bursting into laughter.
" What are you girls doing at this hour! It's time to sleep " Vrushali mumbled rubbing her eyes in sleep.
Three of them bit their tongue and covered their mouth, " Yes aaisaheb  we are sleeping " Snigdha answered her in a low voice.

Three of them laid on their bed, vedangi between them both. " Well maitri, did you see someone was blushing and smiling too much today" Snigdha said raising her eyebrow playfully, indicating towards vedangi " Yes maitreyi, it was snigdha vahini who was smiling and blushing " Vedangi replied laughing along with Maitreyi. Snigdha frowned, " Fine, I won't marry your brother tomorrow " She said getting up from the bed .

" Aree snigdha bhabhi " Vedangi pulled her by waist and laid her head on the later's shoulder. " Anger is stuck right on her nose " Maitreyi said joining the hug from behind. " Now you both sleep and let me sleep too " Snigdha said closing her eyes tightly.

Vedangi was unable to sleep, she kept on turning sideways but sleep was away from her, the moment of shvet closing her eyes was coming to her mind . Finally she gave up and went to the window to breath some fresh air. She kept on looking at the sleeping city with a smile on her face, to her astonishment someone was there in the garden, she looked more keenly, it was shvet! " What is he doing here at this time! He should sleep right " She spoke to herself.

She clankled her bangles, shvet looked towards the owner of the voice and his eyes felt relief and lips carved into a gentle smile. They looked at each other from a distance, vedangi blushed she whirled around and made her way to the bed, shvet stood her looking at the window, where she was standing. Vedangi laid in between her sisters - in - law and closed her eyes tightly, nidra devi slowly took her in her comforting arms and she slept with a smile.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here, hope you liked it.
Vedangi's pair finally makes his entry.
Let me know your thoughts through your comments❤.
Do give a look to new I just published ' neha - a mystery ' .