Chapter 34

" We are going to champanagar, right. Then why are going through a forest? " Vedangi asked suspiciously. Vrishasen pulled the reins of his horse, " It's s shortcut " He replied.
" Shortcut? But I've never heard of this " Vedangi asked further, " Come on dhana, we all have been to champanagar only once, during the last rites of pitamah adhirath, jyeshth bhaiya is born here, he may know it more " Shatrunjay said, vedangi reluctantly nodded in a yes.

" Sinu bhabhi, maitri bhabhi, why don't you both also learn to ride horse? " Lakshmana asked. Snigdha and maitri were sitting behind vrishasen and chitrasen respectively.
" Because that's the only time we can rest and they can work " Maitreyi giggled. " It's getting dark, would we reach champanagar before the night falls? " Shvet asked, " Yes jyeshth bhaiya, we have to hurry " Chitrasen faked.

" I can't ride more " Lakshmana said, tired, " Lakshu! " Vedangi pulled the reins of her horse and hurried towards lakshmana. Vrishasen helped her climb down her horse and gave her water to drink. " She needs to eat something " Shankh said , " Do we have something with us bhaiya? " Vedangi asked her eyes teary, lakshmana cursed herself mentally for the tears in her sister's eyes. " We all should search for something " Maitreyi said, " Me and shankh would wait with manu " Shatrunjay volunteered.

Vrishasen , snigdha, chitrasen, maitri, shvet and vedangi parted to search for some fruits. Shatrunjay was engaged in feeding water to the three horses, lakshmana wandered around caressing flowers and leaves around, shankh looked at her, eyes filled with admiration. Her leg suddenly slipped, as there was a small puddle of water, she closed her eyes tightly waiting for the fall, but a pair of arms caught her.

She slowly opened her eyes, to find herself in the arms of shankh, whose gaze wad fixed on her innocent face.
"Ehm.. Ehm... " Shatrunjay's fake cough brought them back to the reality and they parted awkwardly.
" Be careful lakshmana " Shat advised tightening his lips to avoid giggles.
***********************************
Others cleverly walked away, keeping vedangi and shvet alone. Vedangi had collected some fruits, but was unable to carry them together, she tied them at the end of her aanchal. They were walking for a very long time, but haven't spoke a single word to each other.  " We have lost the path " Vedangi whined, " Anga kumari, you are saying this almost 10th time " Shvet laughed. " Don't laugh, keep walking let's find them " Shvet walked ahead of her making way for her.

Though she was angry from outside, but she felt much happy in her heart that he was so concerned about her even though they both were angry, she was falling more in love with him.
" I love you too " He whispered near her ear, making her jerk. " I didn't say anything " She looked at him angrily,
" Don't worry I can read your mind " He answered giggling adding to her irritation.

" Its getting dark " Vedangi said looking around, " Means you are afraid " Shvet suppressed his giggle.
" I am a human and can be afraid " Vedangi twisted her mouth, " That's what I am saying, how come you are afraid, because you are a.... " He stopped for a second and glanced at vedangi, who was looking the whole area with fearful eyes, " Chudail... " He whispered near her eyes, making her scream.

She hugged a nearby tree screaming,
" Please go away chudail masi please! I am a ganesh devotee, my Lord would punish you go away please " Shvet giggled at her cute antics and admired the little kid in her. " Who calls a chudail as masi " He rolled his eyes, " Vedangi.. There is no one here, stop being scared " He said, vedangi slowly opened her eyelids, glancing around. She walked towards shvet and started hitting his arms with her arms, " Why did you scare me... Huh.. How scared I was! " She whined like a little child. " Aacha.. Aacha I am sorry, I am really sorry okay " He held his ears and made a cute puppy face "

" Stop being so cute " Vedangi threw a fake angry glare at him, " Seems you are impressed? " Shvet asked raising his eyebrows. " Long ago " She answered looking at another direction. " Aacha is it? But did you forget that we are angry on each other " Shvet said locking their fingers, vedangi blushed and tried to walk away from him, but he had held her hands tightly. " I am sorry for being angry " She apologized, embracing him lovingly and laying her head on his shoulder.

" I am sorry too vedu " He too embraced her. " I promise to be your support in every difficulty " Vedangi said , " I promise to protect you always " Shvet added. " I promise to take care of your household as mine " Vedangi said again, " I promise that you would always be my first priority " Shvet said separating her and looking deep into her eyes. Both of them had a feeling of completion with each other as if they were two parts of the same soul. " I love you vedangi " Shvet said their gazes still locked, " I love you too matsya yuvraj " Vedangi replied her eyes filled with love.
************************************
"..... And then the princess opened her eyes to find a woman draped in a white saree and her eye balls out of her sockets, chitrasen narrated in a dangerously low voice, making lakshmana scream. " Chitra stop, she is getting scared na " Snigdha complained, " Bhabhi, we are telling her stories to frighten her " Chitrasen giggled. " Lakshi, calm we all are here, nothing is going to happen " Snigdha hugged lakshmana more tightly. Shankh had held her hand tightly, she would clasp it whenever her brothers would say something scary to frighten her more.

" Shat bhaiya, two figures are walking towards our direction " Shankh said pointing towards a direction. " Stop scaring me matsya kumar " Lakshi whined, until she heard her sisters voice. " Huh see... They all are almost celebrating here, after leaving us alone on the forest " Vedangi pulled lakshmana 's ears. " Aree Aree tai leave me... This was maitreyi bhabhi's plan not mine " Lakshmana spilled out.

Vedangi walked towards maitreyi in mock anger, but snigdha came in between. " Didi, she did this only to make you and jamai ji come together " She told. Vedangi chuckled, " I know badi bhabhi, you all would never do anything that would harm me " She hugged maitreyi. " Soo... If your fight is now resolved let's go back to anga, it's too scary here " Lakshmana hugged vedangi making everyone else laugh, " You both sisters are exactly the same " Shvet nodded negative.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here! Hope you liked reading it, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.